Complaint Review: Dish Network

dish network Dontknow, Michigan USA

Dish Network $100 for move michigan Michigan

*General Comment: Independent Dealer

*UPDATE Employee: Social Media Representative

I am moving and need to move my Dish. When I called Dish network about the move, they said it will cost $100. I told them about the free move I was promised when I signed up and mentioned that I am already under contractual agreement for 2 years, they brought it down to $50.

I still think $50 is ripoff.

The customer rep says I can get a free move only after 1 year of service. I asked her for the contract agreement. She said the move and the fee is not written in the contract.

Very very disappointed with Dish.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Dontknow-Michigan/Dish-Network-100-for-move-michigan-Michigan-1065248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

#1 General Comment

Independent Dealer

AUTHOR: James - ()

Have you thought about calling an Independent Dealer. To see what they could do for you. The charge is a Technician Fee and it depends on either the Dealer or Dish. If they decide to charge for it or not.

I don't charge the customers I've installed originally the fee. Loyalty  should count for something. If it was one  I didn't install. Then I might charge the fee or less, depending how far I had to drive.

I know I would be happy to get the work. I give my installs a one year installation warranty. Dish only required me to give a 6 month installation warranty. Dish only gives a 60 day warranty for their work.

Social Media Representative

AUTHOR: CheriT @ DISH - ()

Hi, my name is Cheri Torres and I work on the Social Media Team at DISH. I can definitely understand your frustration with the DISH Mover fee. I'd be happy to review your account and see what I can do to help. Can you please send me an email at Cheri.Torres@Dish.com with your account information? Thank you!

Cheri Torres