Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Submitted: Tue, June 10, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 10, 2008

• Reported By:winder Georgia
Dish Network
1285 A Joe Battle El Paso, Texas U.S.A.

Dish Network / Echo Star Satellite Corporation dish network charge of 400 dollars for equipment when contract stated i had 15 days to return El Paso Texas

I had a cancellation with dish network for the amount of 133 dollars. I called the company and was advised that I only owed 39 dollars and that they would send prepaid boxes for the return of the equipment. The next day on my debit card I noticed a charge for 400 dollars. Thinking I had been the victim of identity theft I went to the bank and was told it was from dish network. I called them, was hung up on several times before I finally was able to speak with someone. I was told that I could get my 400 dollars back when I returned their equipment. They said per the contract they could debit it from my account. My contract states that I have 15 days to return the equipment before I am charged for the equipment. Now that I have spoken to them, not only do they have 533 dollars I still owe them money for services that I did not receive.

Cheryl
winder, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2008 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/El-Paso-Texas-79936/Dish-Network-Echo-Star-Satellite-Corporation-dish-network-charge-of-400-dollars-for-equi-338836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network