efficient

Dish Network
9601 S. Meridian Blvd Englewood, Colorado USA

Dish Network Bait and Switch Englewood Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

I called Dish to inquire about the cost of TV and internet service. Jessica Singh was the rep I spoke to. I agreed on America's Top 200 TV package and 12mbps internet service. This would include 3 rooms of TV,wireless internet and the Hopper. She also said for a 3 month promotion, I would get Premium channels, HBO, MAX, SHO and STARZ and Blockbuster for free. She quoted me $86.22 for the TV and internet a month for the first 12 months and then $116.22 for the next 12 months plus any taxes. I specifically asked if there were any hidden charges, extra charges, or anything else and she said no that is it. I had a $50 referral coupon and asked about using it. She said that I had to wait for my first bill there was nothing in the system to credit it against. She said all I would need to do is call billing and they would apply it, once I received my first bill. I was told I could choose to set up the internet myself, or have a tech come out for $50. I choose to do it myself. Well for 12mbps internet service a tech does have to come out, so I had to take 1/2 days vacation to be there for the tech to get the internet working. They didn't charge me anything, but I am out 1/2 vacation. I received my bill and the amount due was $140.73! I noticed they were charging me $65.31 for the premium channels and crediting $45.00, Blockbuster charge was $14.50 and credit was $10.00. So much for free!! I was also being charged for 2 Joey receivers at $10.16 a month. A joey receiver allows for TV in the additional two rooms. Again Jessica said the total included three rooms of HD TV. I called and was told that the billing is actully 1 month and a second month was pro-rated. I asked why the credit for the premium channels and Blockbuster wasn't pro-rated. The person said their billing computer progam dosen't allow that. They will make the credit it up at the end of the 3 month promotion. So much for free!!! I next asked what is my monthly TV and internet billing going to be. She said $108.95 for the first 12 months and $148 for the next 12 months. I went over my conversation that I had with Jessica when I was sold the package. I said Jessica told me that my cost would be $86.22 including EVERYTHING for the first 12 months and then $116.22 including EVERYTHING for the next 12 months plus additional taxes. I was getting upset and asked if this was something that happens regularly at Dish? Sounds like the old "bait and switch" to me. The lady said there was nothing she could do. I said what about the $50 referral coupon that Jessica said I could use on my first bill? The lady said I couldn't use that now, it had to be used when I first called in. She put me on hold and came back and said they could apply a 10 month credit of $5.00. I explained that is not what I was told when I odrered my package. I feel like Dish being unfair with quoting me one cost for their service and then charging me quite a bit more. Over the 2 years they are charging me an additional $654.12.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2013 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-Bait-and-Switch-Englewood-Colorado-1050501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

Greg,

Your post caught my attention as I've found it interesting and if you could please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com, I can take a look at the charges and get this all squared away.  Thank you for your efforts and I look forward to speaking with you!