Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: Andre W. — Rochester New York United States of America
Dish Network
9601 S Meridian Blvd Englewood, Colorado United States of America

Dish Network Dish Network will ruin your credit with deceptive practices! Englewood, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Final Bill

On February 20, 2012, my credit alert system notified me of a complaint on my credit report. I was notified that Dish Network filed a claim against me for $16. I was a customer of Dish Network for 4 years, where I canceled the service in what I believe is May 2010. Upon cancelling, I spoke to an representative who stated that once I paid my final bill and returned my DVR, I would be free from the company. I paid my final bill via phone using my credit card. The representative stated that I was set and that she would send me a return box "free" of charge.

Well to my surprise 3 years later, Ive been sent to a collection agency for this shipping box. I have never paid a bill late in my life and feel that Dish was deceptive in their practices. After researching this fee, I learned that the fee was instituted in 2010. I do not believe the contract I signed in 2006 included this policy. With that stated, Dish never attempted to contact me; I never received a letter, a phone call, nor an email for this $16 balance. Dish will simply send you to a collection agency.

I have no idea how to fight this but I want to alert you all. Directv would never so such a thing. My local cable company would never do such a thing. Yet somehow, Dish finds that ruining a good customers credit is acceptable. Sadly, I was strongly considering returning to Dish until they pulled this ridiculous stunt.

I am in the process of contacting anyone I can; my local attorney general, great websites such as the RipoffReport, and the Better Business Bureau.  I don't even know if I should pay this bill when its already ruined my credit. If you're looking into Dish Network, please reconsider.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-Dish-Network-will-ruin-your-credit-with-deceptive-practices-Englewood-Colo-1018803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Final Bill

AUTHOR: Mike H. DISH - (USA)

Hi Andre, my name is Mike Houston a Social Media Representative at DISH. I understand youre not happy about this and I am happy to assist you today. To get a better idea of what happen on the account would you e-mail me with the phone number that was on the account? My e-mail is Michael.houston@dish.com