Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Reported By: Californian — California
Dish Network
9601 S Meridian Blvd. Englewood, Colorado USA

Dish Network LLC Promotional Discount Scam Englewood Colorado

I am a victim of a scam artist who had access to my Online Dish account and activated additional channels and processed credits.

I got a call from a guy who offered a special promotion of activating extra channels for 2 years at a special price of $600.00.  He activated some extra channels while talking to me over the phone and placed an order for a new receiver for the second tv as well, which was installed by a technician from dish. He also credited $3000.00 on July 6 in my dish account . So I sent a payment of $600.00 through Walmart to Walmart Transfer to a person at Houston .

I became suspicious about the promotional offer , the moment I saw a new bill generated by Dish for all the extra channels that have been activated. Also the credit was processed using a different credit card and the card that I normally use for auto payment for the past several years was removed from my online profile. So When I contacted dish directly to verify this, they connected me to fraud department and I was told that the credit has come from somebody else's credit card and I have been cheated. They confirmed that the credit deposit didn't come from dish credit dollars or any promotional discount card as claimed by the scam artist.

What made me to fall for this promotion was the activation of extra channels, installation of a new receiver from Dish and credit of $3000.00 in my dish account.

On top of losing $600.00 , now I have another billing issue that Dish has not resolved yet. Dish has processed two debits - one transaction towards the refund to the holder of the credit card and the other transaction towards the charge back to the bank . So they have debited $6000.00 in my account instead of clearing a credit amount of $3000.00 in a single transaction. Because of the outstanding balance issue, my service has been disconnected and they have sent a box to me to return the receiver as well. I am still waiting for Dish to get the feedback from the Bank  (credit card used by the scam artist to post the credit) for more than a month now. I have been told that the dual debit transaction happened as they got the call from the credit card holder as well as the bank.

My account now has a balance amount of $3000.00 and my service has been terminated because of this issue

I have also learnt from online google search recently that the same scam has been happening for several years now and there has been several victims like me. I would like to know how a third party can get access to my online Dish account to activate channels and to post payment (extra payment to the amount of $3000.00), and how Dish can process refund and chargeback to reverse one credit payment?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2014 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-LLC-Promotional-Discount-Scam-Englewood-Colorado-1170899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network