Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Wed, May 22, 2013

• Reported By: rjax360 — Lake City Florida
Dish Network
9601 S Meridian Blvd, Englewood, CO 80112-5905 Englewood, Colorado USA

Dish Network Not Honoring Initial Verbal Commitments, Bait & Switch Tactics Englewood Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Social Media Representative

I signed up with Dish Network on March 19, 2013. I had been a Directv customer for many years. The online Dish Salesman promised me channels that were not available and a price lock for one year on the services I chose.

After I saw my first bill I noticed the premium channels were only for three months. I called and complained and was given a new price that was $13 a month more than I was originally promised. I accepted this new price change and was told it was good for one year. Now I see my second bill and notice the same 3 month promotion.

I called Dish this morning, May,22,2013 and was told there were no one year discounts available. Please, before you sign with Dish, get everything in writing!  They make you sign agreements,make them put everything they promise you in writing. Every time I contact a Customer Service Rep they will tell you anything to get you off the phone but you do not have a record of what you are promised.

I would not have left Directv and gone through all of the lies and headaches if I had known about these dedeptive practices.  I will file a complaint with the FCC. I will also file a complaint with the BBB.

I also had Dishnet internet service installed with upload speeds of 1MB and download speeds of up to 10MB. Overall this has worked fairly well. What they don't tell you is the latency issue. The latency ranges from 700ms to over 900ms. This compares with average dsl latency speeds of 35ms. I am unable to access some websites because of this problem. The Dishnet sales will not mention this being an issue, but it is. I have had to keep my dsl internet just to access certain websites. Be sure and ask questions before you sign up for this service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-Not-Honoring-Initial-Verbal-Commitments-Bait-Switch-Tactics-Englewood-Co-1052972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Social Media Representative

AUTHOR: CheriT @ DISH - ()

Hi, my name is Cheri Torres and I work on the Social Media Team at DISH. I can definitely understand your frustration with this issue. I would be more than happy to look into your concern. Can you pelase send me an email at Cheri.Torres@Dish.com with your account information? I look forward to assisting you.

Cheri Torres