Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By: Stump76 — Richmond Hill Georgia United States of America
Dish Network
9601 S. Meridian Blvd. Englewood, Colorado United States of America

Dish Network Over Charging and penalizing those with less than perfect credit. Englewood, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: A couple of things....

I have been a loyal customer of Dish Network for the past 3 yrs. But because my credit is bad I have to be on a prepaid style account. This is not a bad thing and I understand why they do it.

The problem I have with Dish is how they bill. Although i am on a prepaid plan I am entitled to what I pay for.

But when something happens and i can not pay my service is shut off still this is not my problem.

My problem is that when I am able to pay and lets say it has been a week since the service was shut off I get charged the same amount as I would had I been able to pay on time. Now here comes the problem I dont get 30 Days for this amount.

The cycle runs from the 26th of one month to the 25th of the next. However if I pay on the 2nd of the month I still lose service if the bill is not paid by the 26th of the month. A true prepaid service gives you 30 days of service for 30 days of pay. But with dish you only get what time is in the cycle. So if I have miss six days of programming I just wasted $21.00. Might not seem like much but if you multiply that be lets say 6 mos times say 300,000 customer you are looking at 37.8 million that dish has stolen from there customers what is the diffeerence between them and directtv.

It would not cost Dish alot of money to set it up to give those who have to be on prepaid service a full 30days worth of service with their payment. Plus they could save money by not having to print bills out and mail them because unless you sign up fpor paperless the send you a bill.

I dont need one if my service is prepaid.

When I called Dish to address my issue I was told I am sorry and there is no way they were gonna give me a credit.
I told them I did not want a credit all I wanted was my 30 days of service. Their rebuttal was if you had a prepaid cell phone the same thing happens. This is not true if I prepay for 30 days I get 30 days and at then end of those 30 days if I do not pay for an extra week I still get 30 days from the day I am able to pay. I feel as though I am being punished for not having good credit and they are taking it from me a nickle at a time.

Something should be done to make them treat everyone the same. If something happens and someone who is not on prepaid can't pay on time they get a grace period and the do not lose any time from when they pay.

I feel trapped because I can not afford the hugh upfront money needed to start service with another company.

Please help me get my word out so we can be treated fairly and not like second rate citizens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-Over-Charging-and-penalizing-those-with-less-than-perfect-credit-Englewood-1005758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

A couple of things....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

If you can't pay your bills on time you have to accept THEIR terms.

If you can't pay on time, you can't afford the service.

You ARE a second rate citizen...a DEADBEAT!

Do you have any plans to change your situation or just go on endlessly stiffing others?