Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Reported By: Ramesh — Wyncote Pennsylvania United States of America
Dish Network
9601 S Meridian Blvd Englewood, Colorado United States of America

Dish Network Sales Rep lied into getting me signed -- Englewood, Colorado

Dish Network either needs to provide appropriate and sufficient training to their Sales Reps or investigate on their selling practice which is laden with lies.

A Sales Rep from Dish called me early last year and assured me that by switching from DirecTV I will get all the Phillies baseball games, and all the NFL games later in the year. The timing was perfect because I was considering switching over to Comcast.

I had not known at that time that only Comcast had the rights to the Phillies baseball games and that most of those games will be blacked out in other providers such as Dish and DirecTV. The Sales Rep assured me that Ill get all the games, and even had me upgrade to Americas Top 200 to include the MLB and NFL Network channels.

When the baseball season started in 2012, I noticed that most of the Phillies games were blacked out. I called Dish and none of their Reps knew why this blackouts were occurring. They kept saying that all the games should be shown. Now that I recollect, they were acting ignorant even though they must have known that those games are shown only in Comcast Sportsnet.

A few months later when I finally realized that only Comcast had the rights, I called again to speak to a Rep and I demanded my money back for the months I had service with them. She added a Mega Sports Pak to my account stating that with the new upgrade all games should come. That, too,
turned out to be incorrect.

With the 2013 baseball season weeks away, I called Dish again on January 2013. I asked them to cancel my service but they insist that theyll charge me the early cancellation/termination fees. Ive asked them to verify the history of my calls concerning the blackout of the baseball games, and to verify the original sales call made by Dish. But they refuse to make any verification and insist on having me pay the early termination fee.

They dont want to acknowledge that the Sales Rep lied in getting me to sign a contract nor do they want to review the original sales call. Ill pay the early termination fee if Dish refunds every dime I paid them or Ill let go off the refund, if theres no early termination fee.

I need help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-Sales-Rep-lied-into-getting-me-signed-Englewood-Colorado-1009038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network