Complaint Review: Dish Network

Englewood, Colorado USA

Dish Network Early termination fee Englewood Colorado

*Author of original report: Maybe I should have included

*General Comment: Contract....

*Consumer Comment: Sorry, but the contract that was signed when the service was initiated calls for a two year pro-rated early termination fee...

Back in July I left my significant other so I had to take anything that was in my name out. The only thing we had a problem with was the cable. We had spoken to several people and stressed several times that we did not want me to have to pay an early termination fee which they seemed to understand. Once the account was canceled I had a chat conversation with someone that confirmed I had no balance due.

Two months after I had confirmed no balance was due I received a bill for $238 which was the amount of the early termination. I tried to straighten it out several times but constantly got the run around and transferred from person to person. Most seemed to agree that I was incorrectly charged but no one ever actually helped me.

Today I was informed that the amount was placed on my credit. I had a chat session with two different people who again couldn’t help me. The last person gave me a “direct number” for the escalation department which end up getting me transferred several times again. I finally got someone on the phone the seemed like they would help me. She told me “everything is noted on the account so you were incorrectly charged.” But even still I was transferred one more time.

Victor who says he’s president gets on the line. Even after his employee just told me what she did he says that the charges are valid. I tell him the story all over again and he even admits that it documented that we stressed no early termination fee. However he still insist that the fee is valid.

I do not agree with being responsible for this fee. I read my contract and was aware of the fee but it was stressed that we wanted to do whatever possible to avoid them. The person the account was transferred to even paid a fee to have it transferred. I didn’t have to send the boxes back because he took over ownership.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado/Dish-Network-Early-termination-fee-Englewood-Colorado-1121471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Maybe I should have included

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

They were supposed to transfer the account to the other person's name which per the person I talked to today and the people in the past would have kept that fee from happening. Dish did not transfer it like they were supposed to.

#2 General Comment

Contract....

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Sorry but they are correct. You KNEW there was a ETF but tried to use your personal issues to weasel out of it. If you had TRULY wanted no ETF then you should have kept the service until the contract ended. YOU SIGNED A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT!! They can "Tell" you whatever you like, but the reality is that they MUST follow the terms and conditions YOU agreed to. You can go to your AG all you like. Once they are presented with the contract that YOU signed, your issue will be dismissed as the usual consumer BS. EVERYONE doesnt want to pay what they owe. They are ALWAYS looking to find a way to get out of what they owe.

Accept the fact that the ETF is the price you have to pay BECAUSE YOU BROKE YOUR CONTRACT. Im sure if someone signed a contract stating that YOU would recieve a ETF if THEY broke the contract, you would be going after the money that is LEGALLY yours. That is all they are doing. It is NOT a ripoff. Because THEY did not rip YOU off. Quite the opposite. YOU are trying to rip THEM off. Stop being a child and a scammer and just pay what you owe them LEGALLY. Its people like you that has caused the businesses to be so inflexable. YOU signed a contract, you BROKE the contract. Now you attempt to defame them in a last ditch effort to get out of what you LEGALLY owe.

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

It also states that the method of payment used to establish the service can be used to pay this and any outstanding fees.

There is NO Ripoff and I suspect you conned the reps into agreeing with you.  I use Dish satellite service (NOT cable) and have read the contract I signed...it's specific.

The 24 month contract allows Dish to recover installation and equipment costs over that period of time insteac of charging up front for this.

" I read my contract and was aware of the fee but it was stressed that we wanted to do whatever possible to avoid them."

You CANNOT "stress" that you don't want to pay the fee and have it happen. It is, as you've noted, in the contract.

"Any advice on what to do would be appreciated. As of now my next step is to contact the attorney general."

The advice would be, pay what you owe.  What do you expect the "attorney general" to do to a company holding YOU to the terms of the contract?  It WILL go to collections if unpaid.

There is NO Ripoff here.