Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Thu, December 23, 2010

• Reported By: klewis — Los Angeles California United States of America
Dish Network
Internet, California United States of America

Dish Network ATT Dish Network Bogus Defective Equipment Charge Internet, California

*UPDATE Employee: Equipment charge

I recently cancelled my contract with Dish. Just received a bill for $100 damaged receiver. If I hadn't checked my bill, I would have never known. I called to find out what was damaged, because I knew there was no damage. I was told there were mineral deposits inside the box. For real? Was I supposed to clean the inside of the box. I asked how long did it show that I've had the recievers. Since 2004! They could bill this bogus charge to every customer. Who would know the difference? I filed a report with the Better Business Bureau. Consumers need to take a stand and stop being trampled on my large companies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2010 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Internet-California-/Dish-Network-ATT-Dish-Network-Bogus-Defective-Equipment-Charge-Internet-California-664294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Equipment charge

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish Network - (United States of America)

Hello, my name is Becki Barned, and I am with Dish Network Customer Service. I read your complaint, and understand your frustration. There may have been mineral depsoits inside the receiver due to something spilling on it sometime in the time that you had it. Because of that, there is acost for the damages receiver.I do apologize about the inconvenience and frustration with that. You can always find us on twitter if you have any other future questions!!!

continuous