Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Mon, March 11, 2013

• Reported By: Charles J Housman — Boca Raton Florida United States of America
Dish Network
Internet, Colorado United States of America

Dish Network FRAUD, DO NOT GIVE DISH YOUR CREDIT CARD, THEY WILL CHARGE YOU LONG AFTER YOU CANCEL Internet, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Customer service

I had a two year contract with Dish network for two years which expired in June 2012. During the near end of my contract and after my contract expired I was having problems with my DVR. They sent me a refurbished one and that quit working. I called and requested a new DVR and they sent me the same model, I was told it was new. that DVR quit also, I called Dish and told them I wanted a newer model DVR or I was going to cancel. Dish told me I had to sign a new contract to get the latest equipment. I also spoke to a Dish Network tech who told me they stopped making that DVR and they are all refurbished. So I call Dish and cancel my service effective 12/09/12.

Dish said they want the actual Dish on the side of the house and the receivers. I told Dish I am disabled and if they want the Dish they need to come and get it. I sent the receivers back in their postage paid boxes. Dish told me I was responsible for the postage on the receivers which was $17.00 per box. I told Dish I was not paying the return of the receivers as they did not work and the reason for canceling my service.

In Jan. and Feb I start getting all these emails threatening to cancel my service(had not had service now for a month and a half DUH) if I did not pay the $36.00. I cancel my credit card and I am issued a new one by my bank. Somehow Dish got my new CC number and are going to charge my account the next day. I cancel that card and am issued a new one. In the meantime I have a Dish rep calling my house trying to collect $36.00, I explain why I refuse to pay as they kept shipping me rebuilt boxes and the reason why I canceled my service. I did not get her name or number(unlike me) but the Dish rep said don't worry about it "I will take care of it" meaning the $36.00  It was all a scam to get me to stop canceling my card. Long story short they charged my new credit card $76.46 Sun. morning 03/09/13 three months after I canceled my service. Don't know how they got my second new card number. I don't even know what the additional money charged is for. My Bank is investigating.

DO NOT DO AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS WITH DISH NETWORK THROUGH YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION.
Here is the best part, DISH has called me three times to collect the $36.00 OR THEY ARE GOING TO INTERRUPT SERVICE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Internet-Colorado-/Dish-Network-FRAUD-DO-NOT-GIVE-DISH-YOUR-CREDIT-CARD-THEY-WILL-CHARGE-YOU-LONG-AFTER-YO-1027013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Customer service

AUTHOR: CheriT @ DISH - ()

Hi, my name is Cheri Torres and I work on the Social Media Team at DISH. I understand this can be very stressful and would love to help in anyway that I can. Normally when requestiong equipment back we do not ask you to send back the dish on the roof, this equipment is yours after the installation. I would be more than happy to look into this charges for you. Can you please send me an email with your account number or phone number on the account? Thanks!

Cheri Torres