Complaint Review: Dish Network

Dish Network
Littleton, Colorado USA

Dish Network Deceptive Practices Littleton Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

*Author of original report: Well aware

*Consumer Comment: You have another rude surprise coming..

Poor service and lack of capabilities reached a point where I could not handle remaining a Dish Network customer.

I have had Dish network for a year. I was halfway through a 2 year contract. First, their marketing gimmicks were deceptive. They claimed you could record 6 shows at once. This was only partially true. Their Hopper receiver also was extremely flawed. There were many basic features that were missing and many suggestions/complaints reported in their support forum have gone completely ignored. Also, I signed up for Dish to watch Phoenix Coyotes NHL hockey games in HD. On several occasions, Dish network has been unable to offer the games in HD because of bandwidth limitations (too many other events in HD). I finally reached a point where I had to cancel and find something else. I then discovered that I am responsible for shipping charges to get their equipment back to them. If I use their label, they will add $17 dollars to my final bill. Dish has been very deceptive and not offered an acceptable level of service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2014 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Littleton-Colorado/Dish-Network-Deceptive-Practices-Littleton-Colorado-1113366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

Bryan,

I understand your frustration from the situation you've posted and would like to help you!  It sounds like you may have one Hopper and three Joeys, which will limit the number of tuners you have to three, requiring a fourth TV, if you have one, to be mirroring another instead of being operated independently.  Please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can review your information and further assist you.

Well aware

AUTHOR: Bryan - ()

I am well aware of the cancellation fee for breaking the contract.  I factored the fee into my decision to leave and will do what I can to fight it.  I decided to go with directv as I had used them in the past and was mostly happy with them.  Their genie receiver is far and above the hopper I was using.

Not sure why the name calling Ken.  My point of filing this was simply to let others know my experience and that I feel ripped off by Dish.

You have another rude surprise coming..

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

You cancelled halfway thru a 2 year contract.  There is an early termination fee prorated over the months you failed to maintain the service for the two years you agreed to.  You also agreed they could debit whatever account you used to sign up for the service.  They will NOT write it off and if they can't get paid, you'll go to collections.  I wonder what you're going to find in the way of better service.  You'll note on Ripoff Report, MANY don't like DirectTV or Comcast.  You should have read that two year contract you signed before taking the action you did.