Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Submitted: Sun, June 17, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, June 17, 2007

• Reported By:Sanbruno California
Dish Network
N56 W13365 Silver Spring DR. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Dish Network - Sterling Satellite false advertising, hidden charges, ripoff Menomonee Falls Wisconsin

Im writing this becasue I was pricing a dish package and being a sales person I knew all the questions to ask when the price sounded to good to be true and end result the sales person hung up. Dishnetwork Sterling Satellite a division of Sterling Commerce Group Inc advertised a few packages 100, 200, and 250. $19.99, $32.99, and $42.99. Sounds like the basic packages. They inform me when I asked what package I needed for sci-fi, FX, Childrens tv, and regular network that the $32 package would be for me, including free installation, Free DVR upgrade for 10 months which before I forget I was told included the movie channels.

I then ask the sales man on the phone "I get the movie channels too for 10 months?" His reply was "Oh, the movie channels are free for 3 months, then $22 to $40 additional depending on how many you chosen"
Nice one, they make it look like their giving you a nice package for $32.99 which 3 months lator would have doubled.

I then ask if theresany additional equpiment charges, rental fees, so forth. All he could tellme was there was some additional fees and deposit. I then said "Seems theres a lot of hidden costs your not telling me about. I was thinking of buying from you, but first, does your company have any complaints or listings with ripoffreports?" Instant hang up. Then I look and see the several hundred complaints against this company and others related to DIsh Network.

So, heres the finale. Ask them or whoever your checking prices with to put it in writing all the charges. If they dont or send you little pretty pamplets without pricing, then dont sign up. Will save you and your banks a lot of headaches.

Sanbruno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2007 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Menomonee-Falls-Wisconsin-53051/Dish-Network-Sterling-Satellite-false-advertising-hidden-charges-ripoff-Menomonee-Fall-255095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network