Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Submitted: Fri, May 22, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 22, 2009

• Reported By:Willoughby Ohio
Dish Network
5555 County Road 203 Millersburg, Ohio U.S.A.

Dish Network ,I-Satellite ,Digital Dish Inc. And Thinline Collections LLC False Charges, Harassment, Serious error or scam, Received collection letter for $500.00 that was cancelled after I showed them the contract. I had to prove my case to them? Millersburg Ohio

I cancelled my satellite service on May 1, 2009. I received a letter dated April 15, 2009 (dated before I cancelled?) on May 7, 2009 from Thinline Collections LLC. stating that I owe them $500.00. Thinline claimed that I had a 24 month agreement with Dish Network and that I cancelled at 18 months and did not fulfill the contract. I phoned Thinline Collections and told the agent I had my 18 month contract right in front of me. She wanted me to send "proof" so I copied all the paperwork and mailed it. I asked if I could fax it and I was told I could not. I was called several times over the next few days (sometimes twice in one day) telling me that I owe them $500.00. Each time they phoned, I explained that I dispute the $500.00 fee and that I mailed my contract and they should be receiving it in the next few days. It was very stressful as the collection letter stated that they would report me to the National Credit Bureau. I have an excellent credit history and did not need this. I received a letter yesterday stating that I-Satellite has placed my case in a cancelled status and have ceased all collection efforts. No negative report has been issued to the National Credit Repositories.

They did not apologize for what they put me through. I couldn't sleep for days! I kept reading my contract over and over because the agent on the phone said I signed two contracts.

I don't know how many people hold on to copies of their contracts, but the burden of proof in this case was on me. Thank goodness I had my contract. I just wonder how many people have paid this $500 fee, not knowing any better.

Nancy
Willoughby, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2009 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Millersburg-Ohio-44654/Dish-Network-I-Satellite-Digital-Dish-Inc-And-Thinline-Collections-LLC-False-Charges-H-454470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network