Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Submitted: Sat, October 21, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, January 09, 2001

• Reported By:Antelope Ca
Dish Network
PO Box 33577 NorthGlenn, Colorado U.S.A.

Dish Network- (Echo Star) Seems like their ripping off more than just me !! CA

In May 2000 we bought a new home, I thought we needed a satellite dish instead of cable. What a mistake that was. We bought the Dish from Costco, they advertised a deal. Buy the Dish at $179.00, get $199.00 rebate from Dishnetwork.

When I called to set a date for install, the lady asked for the equipment information, model #, etc. She said in order to qualify for the rebate, you had to have a minimum per month of $39.98, and a credit card. No problem, gave her all the information and she said what date they would come out for FREE install.

On July 1st, they came and installed the equipment, then proceeded to tell my husband that they needed $59.00 for install fee. They threatened that if we did not pay them, they would RIP they system out. So, my husband paid them $59.00, but put a remark on the installation papers back to the Company.

A couple of days later, my son wanted to play his N64, We discovered that they had unhooked, (and took), an RF module that had been hooked up on his game. That rendered the N64 useless and useless and cost $35.00. I e-mailed and wrote several times to the company. I called, they never called me back like they said they would. Then I found out that I did not qualify for the rebate of $199.00 because when they set me up for programming, it was off by 1 penny ($39.97).

This took the cake, I contacted the BBB, and they have been in contact with Dish Network. But the Company lies, and the letter they sent back to BBB, was rude. They said since I canceled my service, I broke the agreement, and now they are going to charge me a $240.00 cancellation FEE.

Now tell me who wants to tell or do business with a Company with this type of reputation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/NorthGlenn-Colorado-80233/Dish-Network-Echo-Star-Seems-like-their-ripping-off-more-than-just-me-CA-3648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network