Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: Angela — Wise Virginia United States of America
Dish Network
Palatine, IL Palatine, Illinois United States of America

Dish Network Dish Left Account Open after I requested cancellation and now say I owe balance due. Palatine, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Charges

I had service with Dish in 2010. I called to cancel service in December 2010 when I moved from Lexington, KY to Baltimore, MD. On February 2013 I received a bill from Dish for a past due amount. I called to find out why I was receiving a bill. I was told payments had been made on the account for the past two years until January 2013.

I explained to the agent I had moved to another state and never received any bills for the account for the past two years. I didn't receive a bill until February 2013 when I moved again and put in an address change for my new address.

Dish refuses to file any fraud reports on my behalf and says I am responsible for the amount due. I am being told that I still have to pay the past due amount even after I explained that I requested cancellation two years ago.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Palatine-Illinois-/Dish-Network-Dish-Left-Account-Open-after-I-requested-cancellation-and-now-say-I-owe-bala-1010420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Charges

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish - (USA)

I apologize for your concerns and would be happy to assist you. Please send me an email at becki.barned@dish.com so that I can look into this for you!

Becki Barned