- Report: #6255
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Dish Network
Dish NetworkDEPT 0063 Palatine, Illinois U.S.A.
Dish Network-contracted parts and labor not honored. Dish ran away with the money
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Before I begin to tell you about my complaint with Dish Network, I would like to address the person that has been responding to complaints on line, claiming that he or she is an employee of Dish Network. Number one.your replies mean nothing.because we do not know for sure that you are an employee of Dish Network or do we care if you are. You are just a mere puppet for Dish Network and a very small cog in the wheel. An intelligent employee of Dish Network would not respond to these complaints on line or off. Further more you have kept your identity hidden. By the sounds of it, if you are an employee of Dish Network, you are a part of the accounting department and or management. If you are a part of Dish Network's accounting department or any other part of Dish Network, and the company discovers that you have been responding to these complaints on air, your days are numbered. Number one.have you heard that anything that you may do for a company or see the company doing is highly confidential?????? Those are grounds to be fired. If this should happen to you, as a retired accountant let me be the first to say congratulations on your first lesson learned. Also to respond to your statement that, all the people that are complaining are lying. I know that they are not. If you put these related complaints together you can see very easily that:
A. Dish Network has a company policy problem.
B. Dish Network has a product quality problem.
C. Dish Network has an installation of equipment problem.
D. Dish Network has a problem in their accounting department.
E. Dish Network has a problem with Customer Service.
On April 25, 2000 I signed a contract to have Advanced Cable, 107 Olds Street, Jonesville, MI 49250 who was working as an affiliate of Dish Network, to install a satellite system in my home. The installation was for (4) receivers; I own a tri-level home. One of the receivers was never hooked up to a TV and I was not to be charged for services on the fourth receiver.
This contract was never completed. I never received any enjoyment out of this system. We had Advanced Cable out many times and it never functioned properly.
1. My contract has the Dish Logo on it but they claim it means nothing.
2. The many reasons Advanced Cable gave us in regards to malfunction and the changes they made before going out of business:
A. First might I explain that only one Dish was installed on the roof of my home. Trees are in way. The way they went to try to resolve the problem? They turned the Dish to another direction.
B. Every two or three minutes watching a program it would break up. Called them again. Their attempt to resolve? They changed the switchbox. Claimed it was malfunctioning.
C. Every two or three minutes watching a program it would break up. Called them again. Their attempt to resolve? They moved the Dish to a shed.
D. Every two or three minutes watching a program it would break up. Called them again. Their attempt to resolve? They claimed for (4) separate units I would need two dishes and installed the second one on top of my shed regardless of the fact that the fourth receiver was not even attached, there should be one Dish for every two receivers.
E. Every two or three minutes watching a program it would break up. Called them again. Their attempt to resolve? They claimed that a switchbox was not needed at all and removed the switchbox.
F. Every two or three minutes watching a program it would break up. Called them again. Their attempt to resolve? They clipped some branches off of a tree.
G. Every two or three minutes watching a program it would break up. Called them again. Their attempt to resolve? OOPS out of business. I received a message that they were out of business and that all-further problems should be directed and taken to Dish Network. Thus begins my many ventures with Dish Network.
My contract states, that I have one year of parts and labor warranty. My contract states, I have one year of America's Top Forty, and one year of Chicago Local. This contract was financed through Franklin Capital. Before Advanced Cable went out of business, I woke up one morning to NO SERVICE what so ever. Immediately I contacted Dish Network. They claimed that they had not received the money for the service from Advanced Cable. I called Advanced Cable and they claimed that this money was not received by Franklin Capital. I emailed a message to Franklin Capital and they responded on July 13th, 2000. They responded with the fact that they did send the money to Advanced Cable. I called Advanced Cable back. Now it was going to take time for them to cut a check for the years coverage of service as described above. Advanced Cable had to cut a check to me which was done on July 6, 2000.check number 10976.for the total of $524.48 I received this check in the mail on July 12th, 2000 from Advanced Cable, went directly to the bank and turned around and made a check out to Dish Network, check #2340, dated July 12th, for the total of $531.63 that Dish Network claimed that I owed. The difference in the amounts was not understood by me and I still can not tell you why. Late charge? Who knows!!!!
After Advanced Cable went out of business, my unpleasant adventures with Dish Network began. Here is a list of excuses as well as responses I received from Dish Network the many times I had discussions with them..
1. Advanced Cable did not know what they were doing. Response from a Dish Network employee and or tech.
2. The cable is no good and needs to be replaced. The cost would be $125.00 for labor and in addition I would have to pay for the cable they used to get the system working properly. I pointed out that I had a contract with a year of parts and labor coverage and expressed the fact that this system never did function properly. Their excuse isthe contract was signed with Advanced Cable, Advanced Cable bought the equipment from Dish Network, therefore they can not be held to one year of contracted parts and labor coverage.
3. Fix it yourself Response from a Dish Network employee and or tech.
4. On November 6th, 2000 I contacted Dish Network again. I talked to a tech and asked him, If you were me, and you did not received regular programs that broke up every two or three minutes and your paying for HBO and SHOWTIME and not getting what you are being billed for what would you do?" His response was, I would cancel HBO and SHOWTIME. I said fine. Do thatcancel HBO and SHOWTIME. On the morning of November 8th, 2000 I woke up to no services at all.
5. I contacted Dish Network again asking why I had service completely turned off when they had one year of payment in advance for America's Top (40) and Chicago Local and why have they been charging me monthly for Chicago Local when this was included on my contract. And why do you charge me for hook up of four receivers? The answer was, Dish Network does not allow Chicago Local to be paid for in advance (their company policy), and if you do not pay for HBO and SHOWTIME than you just loose all programming. That's how it works.
6. Just prior to my contact with Dish Network after I was shut down completely; the advice I received from a tech....one of Dish Network employees....said, "Sell the systems to someone else and than give us the money. They got their money, and so did Advanced Cable. The people that are out on a limb are Franklin Capital and I. I would NEVER sell a system to someone knowing that it never functioned for me.
After I had been shut down completely I notified Franklin Capital. I informed them that I was completely without service, that the contract was not completed and service was never there, that there was an installation problem as well as Product quality problem. I informed them that the two cables went from my home to a shed and was lying on top of the ground running across a flower garden, as well as grass that needed to be cut, and hung loosely so that any wind up there only disturbed programming which was neither here or there at this point because a year of advanced programming has been paid for and I have received nothing. I asked in writing as well as verbally to please pick up this equipment. No one will pick it up. Of course they (meaning Dish Network and Franklin Capital) are all saying it wasn't their equipment. Thus begins my adventures with Franklin Capital. The phone rang on a daily basis from Franklin Capital and they would ask me to call Dish Network and ask them to do this, and that, and back and forth. This went on for several months just between Franklin Capital and Dish Network. The full picture here is Franklin Capital wants their money and they do not care if the contract was completed or not, and Dish Network would not honor a thing nor even try to settle this problem.
1. Holes in my roof.
2. Holes in the side of my house.
3. Holes in a ceiling.
4. Holes in my walls.
5. I had to listen to rude Tec's and Dish Network employees.
6. Harassing calls from Franklin Capital.
7. Cash loss.
8. Credit is ruined.
9. Time spent to resolve was wasted.
10. Frazzled nerves.
I was not informed of any Dish Network company policies. My contract does not say that if I do not take a full year of programming that Dish Network is allowed to take the money and run. It appears that Dish Network honors only one part of this contract.the money.
I have copies of everything to back me up. I will be releasing this information and proof to an attorney that will be representing many of us in a class action suit.
For the person that claims to be an employee of Dish Network my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
And I welcome you to respond. I will be happy to make copies of your name calling or anything else you wish to say. Bare in mind that I will not respond back. Be advised that I will find out your identity if I can.
I Thank all of you that have taken the time to read my complaint.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Palatine-Illinois-60055-0063/Dish-Network-contracted-parts-and-labor-not-honored-Dish-ran-away-with-the-money-6255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.