Complaint Review: Dish Network

Dish Network
Palatine, Illinois USA

Dish Network Dish Network Is a Rip Off Palatine Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

I lost my job back in April of 2011 and had to move in with my daughter and son-in-law because I couldn't afford my rent.  I contacted Dish Network to let them know I was moving and they put my account on freeze for 6 months.  They told me to pack up all my DVR's and remotes and equipment and take it with me.

I did as I was told and left the Dish there.  I was told that I would reconnect once I had my own place and would not be charged.  I ended up not getting a job right away and had to stay at my daughters longer than expceted.  I contacted them Again and they put my account on freeze for an additional 6 months. (which by the way I was paying the whole time).  Not even using it but still paying for it.....at a reduced amount.

Well, once year stretched into 1/1/2 and I received some UPS packing boxes to pack up all the Dish equipment and return it.  Which I Did!  I have the receipt from UPS.  Then I start getting Bills in the mail for unpaid balance of over $400.00!  I ignored these because I had returned everything!  Now they have turned me in to a collection agency saying I owe them 432.42!!! For What?   I haven't had Dish Network servies for over 2 years!  Are you kidding me?  I am furious and I don't have that kind of money to just hand over to them.  I will Never Ever deal with Dish Network again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2013 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Palatine-Illinois-60055/Dish-Network-Dish-Network-Is-a-Rip-Off-Palatine-Illinois-1092292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

MFurf,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and we wouldn't request that you return our equipment to us if you're simply placing it on DISH Pause.  Please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can have a look and see what's going on.