Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Submitted: Sat, August 04, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, October 14, 2007

• Reported By:grand prairie Texas
Dish Network
www.dishnetwork.com Palatine, Illinois U.S.A.

Dish Network Dish Network Stole money from my account for a Receiver i purchased at Radio shack-does not belong to them Ripoff Palatine Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Well.....

*Author of original report: dish Network charging me for dvr I purchased

*Consumer Comment: Strange

I purchased a dvr receiver at Radio Shack and had it activated through my dish account. i closed the account in June and sent back the receivers that belonged to them

Last week, they took money out my account. When I called, they said it was for the receiver that I purchased! I asked how in the world they could take money for something that didn't belong to them.

every time i call, i get a different story. i am going to try to go to the bank and file a claim since this was theft out my account.

I agree with other, they need to be sued! they are stealing money from people constantly.

Tam
grand prairie, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2007 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Palatine-Illinois-60055/Dish-Network-Dish-Network-Stole-money-from-my-account-for-a-Receiver-i-purchased-at-Radio-265230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Well.....

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

1 of 2 things could have happened here:

1. Dish Network messed up your account when activating the receiver. Faxing them your receipt from RadioShack should solve the problem.

2. The RadioShack employee that sold you the DVR processed it as a new activation. If you were asked for your social security number when you bought the DVR, this was most likely the case. If that happened, you need to get your receipt and call 1-800-THE-SHACK and complain.

dish Network charging me for dvr I purchased

AUTHOR: Tam - (U.S.A.)

I am writing to clarify earlier report. I opened my account with Dish last summer (2006). I had 2 receivers that belonged to them installed at the time.

In February 2007, I purchased a third receiver from Radio Shack for my bedroom television.

I closed the account in June 2007 and sent back the receivers that they orginally installed at time of service. That would be the two they installed.

In July, they took money out of my account for the third receiver they are saying they didn't receive. When I explained that it didn't belong to them because I bought it at Radio Shack, I keep getting the run around. They show it on my account because you still have to activate it through your dish account to receive service to it.

So they are charging me for a dvr receiver that does not belong to them. I bought it. they are not too helpful in figuring it out or checking their records, or they would see that they did not send that receiver to me and told them I purchased it when i called to activate it.

They activated it as a lease and now will not give me my money back. So basically, they are charging me for something that I already purchased and never belonged to them.

Strange

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

"I purchased a dvr receiver at RADIO SHACK". "I closed the account in June sent back the receivers that belonged to THEM". If you bought them at RADIO SHACK, why should DISH NETWORK take them back? Also in your first statement you said you bought A (one)dvr receiver and in you second sentence you said you sent them the receivers(more then one) which is/was it? Two things, if you "purchased" it from RADIO SHACK, why did you send it "back' and IF you had "purchased" it, why send it at all?