- Report: #32373
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Dish Network
Dish Networkhttp://www.dishnetwork.com Pasadena, California United States of America
Dish Network ripoff fraud Some tips for everyone who may have experienced this Pasadena California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I have spent hours and hours on the phone with this company, and I think at this point I have it somewhat resolved. I called and cancelled the service and I am in the process of trying to get my money back from the retailer. If they won't return my money voluntarily, this will probably go to small claims court.
So, my advise:
1. Don't get frustrated and give up when call the Dish Network. They will put you on hold for long periods of time, transfer you repeatedly, and pretend that there are no supervisors available. Keep Calling! They will probably begin to record your calls, so try to remain calm and professional. The rep your talking to will pause after you ask a question; this is because they are asking a supervisor to tell them how to reply. This is actually laugh out loud funny if you think about it. I mean, if they are as right as they think they are, why do they have to orchestrate every respone they give. (ME: Your recording this call, aren't you?
THEM: um,,,yes... ME: And you have to ask somebody what to say? THEM: Um...yes... ME: Well that's something. The funny thing is, I don't have to make up some story or lie each time. My story will never change!)
2. If it is within 30 days of signing up, CANCEL THE SERVICE! They will try to tell you that there is a $240 disconnect fee, but if your within this 30 day time frame, they are required to disconnect you at no charge. Make sure they tell you specifically there is no charge, and be sure to take the reps name and the reference number for your complaint.
3. When you are trying to cancel the service, they may try to offer you two free months of service. DO NOT ACCEPT THIS OFFER! It is an attemt to make you extend your service beyond the 30 days, therefore making you liable for the $240 disconnect fee when you do try to cancel again.
4. The most important thing of all really, is to call the Federal Trade Commision and file a complaint. The number is 877-FTC-HELP (382-4357) and the call is toll-free. They will take down your complaint and your personal information. You will then be given a reference number. The FTC does this in order to track patterns of abuse by a company. If enough complaints are received, they will investigate and may eventually initiate litigation of behalf of consumers. Since you have a complaint on record, if their is ever a settlement on this matter, you will be contacted and may receive part of the cash settlement.
5. It is also a good idea to call your local Better Business Bureau and State Attorney General's Office.
Dish Network is already being investigated by 10 states, and I feel strongly that a class action suit will be occuring soon. There's just simply too many people with too many similar complaints for this to go ignored. So, voice your complaint. Make sure it is on record.
Thanks, and I hope that everyone who has been ripped off by this company is able to work it out in some way.
Kendra Sugar City, Idaho
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2002 11:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Pasadena-California/Dish-Network-ripoff-fraud-Some-tips-for-everyone-who-may-have-experienced-this-Pasadena-Ca-32373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.