Complaint Review: Dish Network

1009 Taylor Drive Plainwell, Michigan United States of America

Dish Network I got "Dished" by the Dish Network... Plainwell, Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: Monthly Rates

*Consumer Suggestion: 2year contract, 1 year price break

I too got the bait and switch by Dish Network.  My 2 year contact stated at $29.99 and than jumped to my current monthly bill of $44.00.  I contacted Dish and they were more than happy to share
the "we gotcha" moment withh me and advised me to read the contact closely which states they can raise the price anytime.  Yes, they got me.  No wonder they would not allow me to pay for the entire 2 years up front.   From what I've been reading this is common for The Dish to do this.  My installer Dennis assured me that no price increase was on the radar but I guess he's in on the "play" as well.  When I asked the dish about the price increase they advised their "costs" went up and had to pass along, but the next day I got the same $29.99 Dish Network mailer in the mail I'd been getting for a year.  So this is clearly a bait and switch because they are selling the same package today, but I'm paying $44.00 monthly. If anyone has any ideas how to get out of it, let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2011 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Plainwell-Michigan-49080/Dish-Network-I-got-Dished-by-the-Dish-Network-Plainwell-Michigan-738244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Monthly Rates

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hello! My name is Becki, with DISH Network. The rates did recently rise on 2/1. but we have locked the prices on programming in until 2013. I would be more than happy to review your account, and see what the increase was on your bill. You can reach me via email at becki.barned@dishnetwork.com. Thank you!

Becki Barned
DISH Network Customer Service

#2 Consumer Suggestion

2year contract, 1 year price break

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

I read the Dish Network ad and here's a pull from it:

America's Top 120 over 120 channels including HD channels

only $29.99 | month for 12 months. Regular price $44.99

Your contract is for 2 years of service, ONE year of the $29.99 promotional price....what was the rip-off again?  :(

Read your contract again.

lots