reporters

• Updated: Wed, February 29, 2012

• Reported By: Rod — Lake Havasu City Arizona United States of America
Dish Network
PO Box 20550 Rochester, New York United States of America

Dish Network TV remote became inoperative. Called & A new one was shipped. I was later charged $15. Cal;led & they said I did not have an insurance plan. It was never offered plus, the remote & receiver is the Rochester, New York

*Author of original report: Resolved

*UPDATE Employee: Whoops!

*Consumer Comment: Try this, Rod..........

*Author of original report: Dish Network Final Attempt To Contact

*Author of original report: Dish Network Contact.

*UPDATE Employee: Remote

I had a defective Dish TV remote.  I called & the remote was replaced with no comment.  I was later charged $15 for shipping.  I called & complained & was advised that I did not have insurance to cover the item.  I said I was never advised of that & why should I take insurance to cover an item that I do not own & why be charged to replace their defective equipment.  They of course had no answer except for the "Company Policy" answer.  I have to use the addresses  for Dish I listed becvause I have it on a bundle with my phone company.  I do not have their actual address.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2012 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Rochester-New-York-14602/Dish-Network-TV-remote-became-inoperative-Called-A-new-one-was-shipped-I-was-later-840239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Resolved

AUTHOR: Rod - (United States of America)

Mr Busa issued a one time courtesy rebate.  That is appreciated but does not solve the underlying problem of having to pay anything to replace faulty equipment that you do not own.

Whoops!

AUTHOR: DanB@Dish Network - (USA)

I apologize for the trouble, I did not type the e-mail address properly. Please e-mail me at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com
Daniel Busa
DISH L.L.C.
Social Media

Try this, Rod..........

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Daniel.Busa@DISH.com

Good luck, I know Dan does try to help.

Dish Network Final Attempt To Contact

AUTHOR: Rod - (United States of America)

I have tried every combination of addresses I can think of to contact Dan Busha at Dish Network.  None of them work so, I guess it was not an honest asttempt to resolve.

Dish Network Contact.

AUTHOR: Rod - (United States of America)

I hope this is not a continuance but the email address supplied by Dan Busa from Dish Network did not work.  I tried three different combinations from his response & got three rejections.

Remote

AUTHOR: DanB@Dish Network - (USA)

This is Dan Busa with DISH Social media. I'm sorry for the issues you've been having with ordering a new remote. Please send me an e-mail at: Dan.Busa@DISH.com

Daniel Busa