Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Reported By: M&M — Fairborn Ohio United States of America
Dish Network
525 Dunnet Ct. Spartanburg, South Carolina United States of America

Dish Network Canceling the service plan Spartanburg, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Pretty simple.

*Consumer Comment: You are a fool

*Consumer Comment: Both have bad customer service

*Consumer Comment: Are you listening to yourself you Big Fat Liar, dishnetwork droid

*UPDATE Employee: Back Again

*Consumer Comment: Again, the Dish network person is Lying!!!!

*UPDATE Employee: What Dish Network Can Control!

*Consumer Comment: The Dish Network customer service gal is LYING!!!

*UPDATE Employee: Service Plan

After having Dish Network for almost nine months you can cancel the service plan and you won't be charged the extra $6.00 for the remaining of the contract. The signal has always been real good never no problem, even in storms. We canceled the service plan one day before it was due. The next day the receiver started acting up almost every day after that. We called several times about the problem. After three months of nothing but the signal acting up we canceled it. Of course they denied in messing with the signal, having anything to do with it. I don't believe them. I think it's a scam just to get money out of you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2010 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Spartanburg-South-Carolina-29303/Dish-Network-Canceling-the-service-plan-Spartanburg-South-Carolina-654380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Pretty simple.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

If the OP thinks that Dish can alter the signal strength or quality just to his location, he is mistaken. Everyone receives the same satellite signal. If there were something wrong with the strength or quality of the signal from the satellite, everyone would be affected equallly. More likely is that there is something unique to the OP's installation. An obstruction, a corroded or marginal antenna connection,alignment of the dishor local weather could be factors. These are all pretty easy to troubleshoot with a little technical knowledge (Google is your friend).

The notion that Dish was able to alter the signal quality to just one location is pretty silly.

You are a fool

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Programming and signal are 2 completely different things.

You can have a communications signal with no programming. The programming is the actual television shows, they ride on the satellite signal if it is in place. You get the signal in place by installing a dish and a receiver. That does not mean you get any of your shows or movies. Theyhave to be enabled separately.

The DirectTV operators can control what shows you see but they cannot control whether or not you get a signal (weak or strong) from the satellite.

The DirectTV person is absolutely correct and it works just like TV and radio have always worked. You are just not capable of understanding that concept.

I do not, nor have I ever worked for any TV or radio company. I just have always understoodthat signal strength and programming are completely separate things. I think most people do.

You, however, will not be able to admit you are wrong and will work yourself into a tizzy again. That will not alter the fact that you are indeed wrong.

Both have bad customer service

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

DTV and Dish are both in the same catagory. It is unfortunate that you do not have a cable company or other means to receive broadcasts. You are what they call a "captive audience".

Don't be surprised when one of these companies goes under and is taken over by the other.

Are you listening to yourself you Big Fat Liar, dishnetwork droid

AUTHOR: Voor - (United States of America)

Any telecom tech can explain this simple truth you keep denying. If you control the "programming", you control the signal. Dish Network's control of the signal,, control's the programming. With the Dish Network satelite system, it is completely controlled in every aspect of signal and programming by you the unscrupulous dish network employee!!! You only need a tech to go out to install the dish and receiver. After that it's all in the hands of the NON customer service and totally dispicable Dish Network droids who would rather cancel a customer to prove their Arrogance instead of giving brand new Dish network customers a good customer service experience. I was a new customer who thought I was getting a good deal, instead, I got the shaft from YOU, Dish Network. Thanks for showing everyone that it's better to sign up for Direct TV knowing you'll get no service, but at least I'll get the local Anchorage channels without a pack of lies from over a dozen so called Account specialists and supervisors who just want to do everything they can to ruin our Dish network experience. Dish Network has NO customer service!!!! The customer comes last. Dish Network doesnt know what Customer Service is, or else they would have handled my very simple problem with proffessionalism and courtesy!!!!!

Back Again

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish Network - (United States of America)

Becki Barned here again. DISH makes No profit whatsoever off of having to send a tech out for a "015" or "002" message. There would be no point in it. It costs us $150 to send a technician out, each and every time we have to send one. We have the ability to turn PROGRAMMING off quickly when the account is cancelled, just as we are able to quickly add programming on. When there is an error message about the signal, we have no ability to do that. We only control the programming, notthe functionality of the equipment remotely; we control the feed, not the signal strength.

Again, the Dish network person is Lying!!!!

AUTHOR: Voor - (United States of America)

Dish network can and does turn OFF the programming to your box. They did it to mine instead of making good by providing Anchorage local channels. When I complained I was told there was nothing they could do and if I didnt like it I could cancel. I canceled, and while I was on the phone with the Acount specialist, she cut off the 120 channel programming in a heartbeat. They have the technology to do this and wont admit it. Ask yourself, with all the worthless customer service double talk Dish gives us, do you really think Dish Network would tell you the truth???

What Dish Network Can Control!

AUTHOR: MaryB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hi, Mary with Dish Network. I just wanted to take this opportunity to clarify what Dish Network can control in your home. Each of receivers has to be authorized to recieve the pay programs with our company.

If your account is disconnected but everything is still connected, you will have the ability to watch "Free Access" programming. When we disconnect an account, you lose the abilitly to watch to pay channels and will get a message on those channels that say; "You currenly do not have access to view this programming" and then a upgrade message.

In no way can any one mess with your system remotely to give you a "015" Complete signal loss message or "002" a Partical Signal loss. These messages show an issue between the Satellite Dish outside your home and the reciever in your home.

I am terribly sorry that we were unable to fix the signal issues that you experienced. Dish Networkdoes allow the Service plan to be added and removed from the account, to best assist our customer resolve their issues.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

The Dish Network customer service gal is LYING!!!

AUTHOR: Voor - (United States of America)

I ordered Dish to be installed Dec 10 2010, just the basic 120 with local stations. I live in Healy Alaska. They didnt honor the contract because I supposedly was not in the line of sight for a SECOND dish which would receive the Fairbanks local channels.Dish never offered to rectify the problem by giving me the Anchorage local stations which would have come right over the same satelite as my 120, so I cancelled on the 23rd of Dec., and , the Acct specialist cut off my signal immediately.

Dish absolutely can interfere with and block any signals coming over their dish.

p.s. I live 120 miles south of Fairbanks and 250 miles north of Anchorage, but more importantly, I'm in Alaska so I'm an easy target of the unscrupulous Dish Network!

Service Plan

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish Network - (United States of America)

Hello, my name is Becki Barned, with Dish Network Customer Service. Iread your post, andI understand the frustration of the signal issues and so forth. Sometimes it comes as a coincidence, where when you cancel the warranty, something goes wrong. I see that sometimes. It's kinda like health insurance. You need it the most when you don't have it. We at Dish Network have NO way of messing with your signal, and the signal problems that you are having could be aeither the dish or your receiver. I am sorry that you have had problems, and I hope that if they are not resolved already, that we can resolve them. You may email me at becki.barned@dishnetwork.com.

Thanks,