Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: D E — St Marys Georgia
Dish Network
Internet USA

Dish Network Billing for Service Never Received and Equipment I Don't Have Internet

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to help you

I want to point out that I have nothing but praise for the Dish Network technician, who was competent and professional throughout this entire experience. My ongoing problem is with the national office.

On June 14th, I decided to give Dish Network a try. The technician arrived and attempted to install a Hopper/Sling unit, however the satellite signal was very poor. Thinking, he might have a bad unit, he tried to configure a second unit, which also failed to acquire a signal (turns out that trees were blocking the dish's view of the satellite. So, I thanked the technician, he packed up both Hopper/Sling units and took them away.

I was told at the time that I would be reimbursed for the first months service bill ($43.46). As of today, July 1, this still hadn't happened. But wait, it gets worse. I also received an e-mail stating that I needed to return one of the Hopper/Sling units. There is no Dish Network equipment here at the house. I called the national number, explained this to a service representative and he assured me that I would not be billed for the unit and that the first month's charges would be reimbursed.

Of course, a few days later, I receive a shipping box to return the Hopper/Sling unit which I do not have and another e-mail stating that if I didn't return the unit, I would be billed an additional $184.47 for the Hopper/Sling unit. I called again, was assured I would not be billed and that everything would be taken care of. Needless to say, I was billed the $184.47 about 5 days ago. Called again. The service representative claimed that they process a credit on 6/27 for the Hopper/Sling unit. That was a lie. There is no credit on my bank account, just the debit. And to date, the $43.46 is still on my bill.

It's fairly obvious that Dish Network does not want to deal with customers face-to-face. When you call their national number, you get an option to either 1) Reconnect your Dish Network service (heck no) and 2) Pay your remaining balance (which I don't owe). There is no option to speak with a customer service representative Nearly all my contacts have been through e-mail or chat.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 06:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Billing-for-Service-Never-Received-and-Equipment-I-Dont-Have-Internetnbsp-1063759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

I'd like to help you

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

D E,

It would be my pleasure to provide you some assistance if you could please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can go over it with you and get this situation straightened out!  I appreciate your efforts and look forward to hearing from you.