Complaint Review: Dish Network

Dish Network

Dish Network Credit Card Fraud, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Offer to Assist

*Consumer Comment: Boo h*o

*Consumer Comment: When you signed for the service, you agreed to a two year contract with a pro-rated

I had Dish network earlier this year and they sucked in many ways. So I cancelled them first of all one on ever told me that there would be an early termination fee, second I put a 200$ deposit down that they said would be refunded after 6 months of service and on time payments. Lies Lies Lies!!! So they took 350$ out of my account that I never authorized them to take and now they are trying to still bill me monthly for a service I cancelled! I called them and told them to take my card out of their system and stop billing me for NOTHING! They told me they couldn't do or stop anything! So I reported my card number stolen and filed a report with my credit card company! Dish network will not scam me again! They took my bill money I had for my electric bill I am a single mother and do not have a job they took my last of my student loan money and now I have to go my local government office to see if they will help me pay my electric bill. I have never had to ask anyone for help until dish network made me!!!! I have been in tears for days trying to figure out how to pay my bill now! I hate you dish network!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2012 03:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Credit-Card-Fraud-Internet-963348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Offer to Assist

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - (USA)

Teanna,

I found your situation interesting and would be happy to help!  I see that we have several concerns with your billing and charges that you would like to have cleared up and it would be a pleasure to assist you.  In order for me to have the best understanding of what exactly was going on, I would need to look over your account to gather all information.  If you could please email me your account number, that would be greatly appreciated!  My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I'll look forward to your response!

Boo h*o

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

You signed up for a service that you could not afford now you cry wolf!  You signed a contract therefore you must adhere to said contract.  I lost my job after 13 1/2 years yet I do not sign up for things I cannot afford.  If you have to go to a local charity to get money to pay your bills then you do not need satellite tv or the internet especially if you have children! AND using government funded monies to pay for such luxuries!

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

cancellation fee.

You also agreed that the debit/credit card you used to sign up could be used for any amounts owed to Dish.

I would feel sorry for you if you hadn't signed in the first place with your precarious financial situation.

Reporting your CC stolen is dishonest and could get you in more hot water.

You'll be advised to return the Dish equipment and if you don't they'll also try to charge your card for that.

If they can't collect, you WILL be reported to the credit agencies.

No, I DON'T work for them, but I DO have their service and have found it satisfactory in many ways.

What, specifically, sucked about yours?

Really, a single, unemployed mother, just HAD to sign up for satellite TV service.