- Report: #965452
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Dish Network
Dish NetworkDept. 0063 Internet United States of America
Dish Network Credit card fraud and poor customer service, Internet
*UPDATE Employee: Allow me to assist
They seem clueless. The matter needs to be taken with Better Business Bureau and perhaps legal action is necessary. Keep checking your online account, this can easily be hacked by these rogue agents calling on behalf of Dishnetwork. Though I cancelled my card and informed Dishnetwork, the company has not done anything despite repeated complaints. They just don't respond.
Here I quote the complaint made by an earlier good samaritan:
Guys, this is a warning for dishnetwork customers- in particular Indians.
There will be phone calls made to you in which an almost unbelievable offer will be made, this is how it goes:
- A person with an obvious Indian name and accent will say that they work for the subsidiary/affiliate of Dish network. They will also say that they are the guys who installed your setup.
- He will have surprisingly detailed information about your Dish network account, your receiver etc. you will have no trouble believing this person is not in some way connected to your dish providers.
- He will then say that due to some policies/contract they have with Dish network they need to refund money back to customers. He will offer you various options a 6 month option where you get $700 credited to your account, and then AFTER VERIFYING THAT THE MONEY IS IN YOUR ACCOUNT, you would need to send $200 or so to a western union account
- You may not take the offer seriously because it will sound shady, and the instructions given to you to check your account for the credit will be very shady (sir you call Dish network and verify the $ amount, but dont tell that we (Dish TV USA or something) have credited this money as Dish network doesnt like it.or sir you need to send the money to western union but dont say it is to a company say you are sending it to a friend..or send the money within 2 days of verifying the amount)
- THIS IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING - YOU VERIFY YOUR ACCOUNT (internet or by calling them) and the money is actually in your account. You also get a couple emails to the same effect and the emails are perhaps in really broken English!!
- Now you are confused should I send the money? Is it a legitimate deal? And in the meantime you will be HOUNDED by calls from them saying sir you have verified the amount, now please send us the money IMMEDIATELY
- BE WARNED- This is a scam!! They have gotten hold of someones credit card and have made payments using his/her cards to your account. You will see the money there but make no mistake- it will be taken out as soon as that person reports it to his credit card company
- They target primarily Indians. This is a scam. Do not fall for it.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2012 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Credit-card-fraud-and-poor-customer-service-Internet-965452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.