Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Tue, March 04, 2014

• Reported By: angelica — buffalo New York
Dish Network
Internet USA

Dish Network DISH Is Dish Network overcharging customers for poor credit scores? Denver colorado

overcharging for poor credit history?

Dish Network is overcharging subscribers who have poor credit history. Due to life circumstances in previous lives, my husband and my credit score is less than noteworthy. I understand the reasons for this and know that I have to live with the consequences of my decisions and that companies are hesitant to give us credit because of past performance. However, for your information, it was a result of credit card scams  my husband and I where naive enough to fall for. I have submitted to many claims and complaints against those credit cards companies that took advantage of us.

So back to Dish Network. Dish Network is the industry's low cost provider, so it's the best option for people who have financial pressure and want to save a buck on monthly services. Now because of our credit score, we don't qualify for the normal Dish Network service. We have to use their "freedom package" or "flex tv" or whatever it's called. Apparently, you can get all the same benefits but you don't have a contract or need a social security number. At first I wonder if it was a scam or something.

However, despite the fact that Dish Network claims that all offers are available, some offers -- like the free iPad from Dish Network and hopper upgrades -- are not available to people with lower credit scores. Plus you have to pay for the set top box. The cheapest one costs about $250 and the prices go up from there.

Dish Network is overcharging

I know that Dish Network -- like any company -- has the right to check our credit scores if we give them permission. But to charge us so much more is unfair. Dish Network shouldn't practice this kind of price discrimination. If I miss a payment, then I'm stuck with expensive box (I paid $349 for multi room DVR) that won't work with other pay providers. I can't use the box for DirecTV, comcast, or anything else besides Dish Network.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-DISH-Is-Dish-Network-overcharging-customers-for-poor-credit-scores-Denver-c-1128150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network