Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Sat, February 18, 2012

• Reported By: Will G — Ahwatukee Arizona United States of America
Dish Network
tech@dishnetwork.com Internet United States of America

Dish Network DISH Network Corporate Communications Money return and installment Internet, customersupport.dishnetwork.com/ca, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Refund Status

I'm a retired Marine and a disable veteran. I was had request dish network to come to my home to see if the could install a dish to my apt for satelite cable.      They ask for my address and told yes they could but I had to pay for it before a tech could come to my place install it.  So I paid a $144.00 to have it installed.

The tech came to my apt after I had to take off for work, which was a day of my leave to get off so that was a half day's pay as well.  After the teach get there he stated that he could not install the cable because of a tree that was about 40 feet away from my patio he stated was blocking the signal.       Then he stated that I should go with Direct TV because their satelite had a better angle and it was better company.     He called Dish network call desk to have me tell them that the dish was not installed and the lady that which I spoken with at the call desk, told  me that they would return my money back in my account within three (3) to five (5) business days.

This did not happen; I still have not received my money back.  Before I sign up I ask the customer service person if they could come check to see if the tree was in the way " they said it would be no problem"  if so I would not have to sign up if there was a problem.

Anyway they lied to me and had me take a day off work which I lost a half day paid.  They did not return my money to my account in three to five business day; so I called the customer service to ask what was the problem becuase they took it out my account the day I order it, so why is it taking so to get my money back if I did not get satelite.  When I called customer service to request my money back again they had my call a call center in India. That really up set me then;  That I live in Amercia where they took my money but had my call a call center in India MONEY BACK! Still waiting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2012 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-DISH-Network-Corporate-Communications-Money-return-and-installment-Internet-840843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Refund Status

AUTHOR: DanB@Dish Network - (USA)

Will this is Dan Busa with DISH Social Media. I apologize for any delay that you have experienced waiting for your refund. Please send me an e-mail at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com I will be more than happy to look into this further.

Daniel Busa