Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Tue, September 11, 2012

• Reported By: Desiree — Newton Kansas United States of America
Dish Network
9601 S Meridian Blvd. Internet United States of America

Dish Network Dish Poor customer service and not helpful with a dissatisfied customer. Calling and getting multiple answers and products not working and when I asked if they could come fix it he laughed and said no. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Amazing isn't it

*Consumer Comment: Read the manual that came with your remote...

When I called to get answers about a charge on my account I found out that my neighbor is on the same frequency as my TV. They ordered pay-per-view and I was charged. When I asked if it could be taken off the customer service rep said that I should have known to lock the pay-per-view so this did not happen. I said I dont know how to do this can you come out and help. He laughed and said no. He did refund the charge. I said I was dissatisfied in the services and she said he would transfer me instead he hung up on me.

Next time I called I asked about canceling and was told that it would be 210 but before the guy said it would be 230 later it was (on dish chat) 420. I dont understand the difference. I was even told to get out of it I had to die or my husband had to die. That does not seem like good customer service to me.

We have a dvr that records things that we do not tell it to and when you go to the set up recording there is nothing in there. Our other tv is on the frequency of the neighbor so when you are watching tv it will surf the channels when they do or order pay-per-view

I dont think that I should be charged for being dissatisfied and wanting to cancel my services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Dish-Poor-customer-service-and-not-helpful-with-a-dissatisfied-customer-Call-939687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Amazing isn't it

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

kenny knows all the answer, NOT

Read the manual that came with your remote...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

It will tell you how to change your remote address.  It's very easy to do.

You'll have to do it to alll the Dish remotes you have.

I changed mine to 6, as my neighbor's was changing my channels.

If you can't figure it out, ask Dish tech support for assistance.

I have a VIP622 receiver and the information is on page 7 of the remote manual.

Dish also has some pretty good help information on line.

You have a sophisticated system and you need to take some responsibility for its operation...good luck to you.

No, I don't work for them, but have and like their service.