Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Reported By: J^B — Dallas Texas United States of America
Dish Network

Dish Network Dish Returning equipment charges and steps Internet

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to help

So I've been with dish network for a while and every time i returned an equipment I was never charged to return it. Couple months ago I decide to cancel my service since I had to leave over seas. Luckily my contract was over way back so I didn't have any cancellation fees.

They sent me a shipping box, if i use it i will be charged 17$. I called in to see why this time I would be charged for it. I had to speak to their Executive customer service (from my understanding that is the highest authority they got for customer service).

My issue was why should I pay a returning shipping charge and I was not informed or i didnt have a disclaimer in regard to this when I first signed up for service. The customer service said "well its available online". I'm not a person that sit online looking for disclaimers when no one even mentioned to me its available online. I consider this hidden fees since the guy who signed me up with the service did not mention it to me.

Then he admits and said there is a confusion, ok if there is a confusion between a "trained staff" and customers. Why the customer have to take responsibility of a mal-trained staff and pay for it.

Then he mentioned that they are an uphold business guideline and it's a valid fee, well if this is true, when i mentioned that in the past Ive return equipments without getting charged for them. His response was" we have exceptions with our customers" which implies to me that since i canceled my service i'm not a loyal customer anymore and all what I invested in this company for years means nothing to them.... No Loyalty, No fair treatment.

I don't mind returning the equipment I don't need it and I have no use to add junk in my house. But why should I pay for something that was not disclaimed to me at the beginning.

A "Sorry" isn't solving my issue here.

He kept apologizing and said "sorry on how you feel". it's not how I feel I'm stating facts here I don't need emotional support here. I need a customer support that take action of their mal-trained staff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2012 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Dish-Returning-equipment-charges-and-steps-Internet-942972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

I'd like to help

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - (USA)

J^B,

I reviewed your post and wanted to provide some assistance!  Not everyone uses our method of shipping to return our equipment to us, so we don't feel that it's fair to increase everyone's monthly rate to cover the cost shipment.  You are by no means required to use our boxes and labels to return the equipment to us, but we make the option available to you if you choose to use it.

Please email me your account number, if you could, so I can look over it and see what I can do.  I'll take a look at all the information to see what we have going on.  My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I hope to hear from you!