Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Submitted: Mon, August 27, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By: sib3 — Sevierville Tennessee United States of America
Dish Network

Dish Network Dish They guarantee service at original address, not any address, so early termination fee is valid. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

*General Comment: I'm a customer as well

I moved out of state for work. I am unable to receive satellite service at my new home due to the mountain and forest blocking a clear view of the Southern sky. I called Dish to cancel my account because I am, obviously, not going to pay for service that I cannot receive. I was told that it was my choice to move and that the contract that I signed stated that they guaranteed service only at the address where the account was created, not any address that I may move to, therfore the contract is valid and they are charging me an early termination fee of over $300.00. Do not get Dish if there is a chance that you may move within the contract period or they will try to screw you just like they are me. It is ridiculous that I am supposed to pay for service that I can no longer receive through no fault of my own. I was not told about this clause, nor did I see it anywhere in the contract. Be careful where you move and make absolutely sure that you want their service for 2 years before you go with Dish.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Dish-They-guarantee-service-at-original-address-not-any-address-so-early-te-933009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

sib3,

We understand things up and plans are subject to change over the months and years, which is why we have actually have a variety of account plan options.  Not all of them require a 24-month commitment.  If you sign up for one that does involve this stipulation and you change your residence within that time frame, we do need to uphold the terms of agreement since we were apparently able to establish signal at your original residence where the contract was put into effect.  Please understand, also, that in the event that you do move, we will do everything we can to establish signal at your new home just as we did at your original.

#2 General Comment

I'm a customer as well

AUTHOR: KV8181 - (United States of America)

I just wanted to let you know they DO say there is an early termination fee when they read the disclosures to you (this is at the time you're ordering their services). As for seeing it in the contract, it's near the top. It says if for any reason you move, you will still be responsible for the account.

You're just mad that you can't read or listen to what someone is telling you before you agree to it. All companies have these early termination fees as part of their contract such as DirecTV, cell phone providers, cable providers. So do us all a favor and come back when you have a REAL complaint.