Complaint Review: Dish Network

Dish Network
DISH ; Internet United States of America

Dish Network Early Termination Fee , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Contract Exceptions

Today it was discovered that the reason we keep losing our Dish signal is because the cable needs to be replaced.  In order to replace the cable, it will entail out of pocket expenses to me to drill holes, go through stucco, then replace stucco, fill holes, etc. etc.  I was not told when I first got Dish Network that the cable would need to be replaced however I have been told today that I should have been told that the cable would not last and would need to be replaced.  The problem is this is an older home and much drilling through walls, stucco would need to be done.  Dish Network will not let me out of the contract without paying a fee.  I explained that they should have told me when they installed the Dish Satellite on my roof that the cable was old and would need to be replaced.  So now here we are.  Cable needs replaced,  Much cost to me and Dish Network tells me I have to pay them to get out of the contract.  The supervisor I was speaking with simply hung up on me.  Great customer service, don't ya think.   NOT!!!!  So now I have to pay for Dish for another year all the while losing signal.  Unbelievable!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Early-Termination-Fee-Internet-1018753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Contract Exceptions

AUTHOR: Winston Von Stupid - (USA)

It definitely doesn't seem like you should be liable to fix the cable or pay for any changes to your home. I would recommend trying to get out of your contract and avoid paying anything else to DISH.

One exception to the contract rule is multiple technician visits. If you have had three techs out that still haven't solved the problem, you could have the early termination fee waived. Yet since the problem has been identified, it would most likely be at the discretion of the agent.

Call in and request to speak to the Resolutions Department and then a supervisor in the department if necessary.

If they still won't fix the cable at no cost or terminate your contract without a fee, I would tell the agent or supervisor you plan on (smartly) contacting the BBB and AG. This would be a great next step on its own, but it will also send you up one more tier in the hierarchy to the Dispute Resolutions team. You won't be able to speak with a rep immediately, but the agent/supervisor will give you the department contact info. More than likely, the rep in that department would much rather let you out of your contract then deal with the BBB or the AG.

Sure it's a little more work, but at least you aren't handing any more money over to DISH.

Winston (espblog.com)