• Report: #720809

• Submitted: Fri, April 22, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, April 22, 2011

• Reported By: Zachary — noblesville Indiana United States of America
Dish Network

Dish Network Echostar Dish network charging more money for more tvs this is insane! Internet

*Author of original report: Resolution Made

*UPDATE Employee: Fees

*Author of original report: Resolution Made

Hi everyone,
     I like many others joined Dish Network because of there low prices. I have been happy with the service. When I joined I only had one Tv. I have recently purchased another Tv. Im in a 2 year contract with Dish. I have been in this contract now for 14 months so I have 10 more months left. My current package is americas 250 plus is pay 10 dollars a month for the platinum HD pack. After my one year promotional price my bill has been a consistant 92.01 a month which is a little high but when compared to competeters in the area not off the chart. My issue with dish has been after the purchase of the second tv. Dish had been great until then.They want me to pay 100 dollars for a reciever and 15 dollars for a tech to install it. Now this has made me think they are now guilty of ripping people off 92.01 a month for one tv. Now they want to rip me off and charge 115 dollars for a second tv when your paying that price. This is a ripoff my friends and try to cancel with them and they are gonna hurt you like others have mentioned. So anyways I will continue paying my 92.01 for one tv and let the other tv collect dust for 10 more months until my contract is up with them then Im pulling the plug. Im mainly writting this to let anyone know that is considering signing on with this company to beware they do now care about u they only want to rip u off. Im paying 1200$ a year to this company and they wont even make my second tv work without charging me 115$. All there hidden fees they dont tell you about upfront because they want to make the sale will sneak out and bite u. This Company is a scam go to the cable company atleast if they rip u off u can have as many tvs hooked up as u want.There equipment is free and u can cancel at anytime. Do not get signed in a contract with dish. And in conclusion there customer service will put the cherry on top of the sunday. They are very very rude and they try to justify everything in the favor of dish. THEy want your money beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2011 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Echostar-Dish-network-charging-more-money-for-more-tvs-this-is-insane-Intern-720809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Resolution Made

AUTHOR: Zachary - (United States of America)

Thank You Becki. An employee from your customer loyalty department called me write after I made this post and me and Dish made a resolution in which I am happy with.

Fees

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hello Zachary, my name is Becki Barned, with DISH Network. I do want to apologize for the frustrations with the upgrade charges. I would be happy to review your account and see if anything can be done. You can email me at becki.barned@dishnetwork.com. Thank you!

Becki Barned
DISH Network Customer Service

Resolution Made

AUTHOR: Zachary - (United States of America)

Dish network has made a resolution with me on this matter.