Complaint Review: Dish Network

Dish Network Every agent had a different price, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

*Consumer Comment: Avoid Sales Via Phone

*UPDATE Employee: New account

CALLED DISH NETWORK ABOUT ADVERTISED PROMOTIONAL PACKAGES.  AFTER ANSWERING ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT NUMBER OF TV'S AND PREFERRED PACKAGE ETC. I WAS QUOTED A PROMOTIONAL PRICE FOR THE PURCHASE WITH THE AGENT OVER THE PHONE.  THEN I WENT TO THE WEBSITE AND NOTICED THAT THERE WAS TO BE A $15.00 PER MONTH SAVINGS ON THE PROMOTIONAL PRICE JUST BY DOING THE ORDER ONLINE INSTEAD OF WITH AN AGENT.

WHEN I ENTERED ALL OF THE SAME INFORMATION THAT I GAVE TO THE PHONE AGENT THE ONLINE PRICE CAME UP $1.10 MORE THAN THE AGENT HAD QUOTED.  THEN A REPRESENTATIVE CAME UP IN A CHAT BOX AND WHEN I EXPLAINED THIS AND ASKED ABOUT THE $15.00 SHE PROCEEDED TO SPEND 20 MINUTES ASKING ME IRRELEVANT QUESTIONS SUCH AS WHO MY CURRENT PROVIDER WAS AND HOW MUCH THAT COST ME, WHAT THE ROOMS WERE WHERE THE TV'S WOULD BE AND OTHER INNANE METHODS OF AVOIDING THE QUESTION OF THE $15.00 ON LINE DISCOUNT.

AFTER GIVING HER ALL OF THE ORIGINAL ORDER INFORMATION AGAIN........SHE QUOTED THE ONLINE PRICE AS $15.00 HIGHER THAN THE ORIGINAL AGENT OR THE CALCULATED ONLINE PRICE I HAD ON THE SCREEN.  THEN I CALLED THE PHONE NUMBER ON THE INTERNET AND WAS GIVEN THE RUNAROUND AGAIN WITH A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PRICE AND NONSENSICAL JUSTIFICATIONS FOR THE DIFFERENCES.  I FINALLY GAVE UP.

THE SERVICE ITSELF SOUNDS GOOD AND MY BROTHER IN ANOTHER STATE HAS HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH IT BUT I JUST CAN'T HANDLE THE FACT THAT NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT IT IS GOING TO COST ME....OR......THEY JUST GET TO MAKE IT UP AS THEY GO ALONG!!!!! TOTALLY DISGUSTING WASTE OF 2 HOURS!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Every-agent-had-a-different-price-Internet-977225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - (USA)

Winston Von Stupid,

I saw your post and wanted to check in with you!  I'm sorry that you feel our customer support is unhelpful as we certainly do not intend to come across that way.  It's our goal to provide the best assistance in the industry and I appreciate your valuable feedback about any experience you've been through with us.  I'll pass that on to see what we can do and encourage you to let me know about any other questions you have about the service so that I may be of further help!

Avoid Sales Via Phone

AUTHOR: Winston Von Stupid - (USA)

Look out for a few things, like small print. I would bet the $15 savings was with a different package, additional equipment, a contract, etc.

When you call in, you have the joy of dealing with shady sales agents. If you have problems afterwards, you get to enjoy customer service reps who are unaware of the sales packages.

I'd recommend skipping the phone altogether, and stick with ordering online. You can see exactly what the package will entail, you can read the fine print, and you know what to expect when the first bill comes around.

You can also check out Dish vs Direct vs Comcast or whoever else is in the area, to see who's offering a better deal. Remember, all of the big companies have promotions that change all the time, so keep your eyes peeled.

Winston Von Stupid, Consumer Advocate

New account

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish - (USA)

Linda, I apologize that this happened and would be happy to review the cost that it would be for the services. Please send me an email at becki.barned@dish.com. Thank you!

Becki Barned