Vienna

• Reported By: Sunil — Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania United States of America
Dish Network
9601 S Meridian Blvd Internet United States of America

Dish Network Faudulent Un Authorized Charges Internet

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to help!

I received a call on August 15th 2012 at 5:49 pm from Dish network number 18003333474 informing me dish is making some changes and my equipment will stop receiving programming if I do not upgrade the equipment. Customer service rep conforms that my equipment will not work after checking my dish receiver id and passes the call to his supervisor.

This supervisor informs me that they will send me new equipment with no charges involved and I can ship back the existing equipments but I will have to pay security deposit for which I did not agree and asked to talk to retention department. He hangs up the phone and in 5 minutes I got email alert from my credit card saying I have made a payment of $714.43 and $4.99 to dish network. Which was not authorized by me.

I call dish network and found out those fraudulent charges were made from my online dish account for some purchases I have made, which neither me or my family members made. I had my credit card on file with Dish Network and the charges were made on the card I had on file. This is a major security and fraud issue and needs to be addressed immediately.

I urge people to regularly check their credit card statement for the card they have on file with Dish Network and better not to have one at all. Their employees have access to your account and could do any thing they want. In my case they purchase bunch of things and order $720 worth of payper view movies. So beware they are not a company to trust with your credit cards and bank accounts. I had been long time customer to be precise 9 years with Dish.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2012 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Faudulent-Un-Authorized-Charges-Internet-927875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

I'd like to help!

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - (USA)

I came across your post and found it interesting!  I can definitely look over your account to find out exactly what happened if you could email me your account number.  My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I'll be able to correct any charges that don't need to be there and get that all sorted out!