Complaint Review: Dish Network

Dish Network Lies, cheating, credit card fraud and deception , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Allow Me to Assist

*Author of original report: harlow295

*UPDATE Employee: DISH Reply

Since 2000, I have had both Dish Network & Direct TV, and have had bad experiences with both.  They do not provide the services that they state to you on the telephone.  They are both competing for the market share.

A big concern is they have "authorized retailers" who will tell you anything to sell you a service, and then the main company will not back it up.

My latest experience is with Dish Network, and I have to fight to have $49.99 refunded for a processing fee that I was not advised of until I received the confirmation e-mail, and I canceled the service within 5 minutes after receiving the e-mail.  Two weeks have passed and I found out today that my credit card was charged $49.99 for the processing fee, and I don't have the service, and was told they will not refund.

Beware ---- do not give them a credit card because if you do, and you try to cancel immediately, they have already charged your credit card for the processing fees, and will not refund it!!

Another issue is that when you do have your service installed, there are extra fees and you may not get the equipment that you were supposed to.

I would like to know the number of people out there that have similar complaints about these 2 companies.

My advice would be, do not, I repeat, do not use either of these companies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2012 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Lies-cheating-credit-card-fraud-and-deception-Internet-967533. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Allow Me to Assist

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - (USA)

harlow295,

I'd like to follow up with you about this to get it looked at and taken care of once and for all!  Would you mind emailing your account number to me so I can review and see where it is we stand right now?  My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I appreciate your efforts!

harlow295

AUTHOR: Dish Lies & Deceptions - (United States of America)

Hi mark so you want to help, here your shot.I just want the 49.99 credit back to my account.After talking to 5 or so of your reps. an the company tha made the charges they would not do it, so you give it a try. An lets see what happens. good luck , hope to here from you soon.I will let you fokes know how this one turns out.

DISH Reply

AUTHOR: Mark H DISH - (USA)

Hi Ronald, I am sorry to hear about your experience with signing up for the DISH service and I will be happy to review the account and see how I can help.  We do forward feedback to our retailers and partners concerning their practices and how this affects our customer.  Please send an email for assistance.

Mark Haakenson