Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Submitted: Thu, August 23, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 24, 2012

• Reported By: Michelle — Lancaster South Carolina United States of America
Dish Network

Dish Network Offered a plan and when I had to disconnect service early they charged me $332.50 and said if I did not return the box I would be charged another$150. I sent back the equipment and now they tell me, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

*Consumer Comment: wonder when team rebutt's contract is up?

*Consumer Suggestion: Your contract with Dish Network, as does mine, obligates you to TWO YEARS of service...

I had my service hooked up in Jan. and in July I had been robbed by my neighbor he was still living next door to me so I had to move out. I had to cancel my account since I was told I had to return the equipment or I would be fined $150 on top of cancel early fee $332.50. I called and told them I did not have the funds not to withdraw it but they did anyway.

I overdrafted my other bills because of them. I called them again and asked them to reverse the fees and the lady tells me I should of put the service on pause (which was never mentioned to me before) I told her I returned the equipment and now she wants to sell me a DVD box that is normally $100 for $49.95. She said she is doing me favor after taking $332.50 out of my account. The nerve of this company. I will never have their service again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2012 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Offered-a-plan-and-when-I-had-to-disconnect-service-early-they-charged-me-3-931657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

Ken,

I'm sorry you feel that way and we make every attempt to correct any issue or concern you're having with your service as we value all of our customers' business.  As for the shipping of our equipment back to us, please understand that you are by no means required to use our method of shipping to return our equipment to us but we make the option available if you do choose to.  In fact, while our shipping rates are the most cost-effective to use compared to what others' charge, not everyone uses our method so we don't feel that it's fair to increase everyone's monthly rates to cover the cost of this shipping.

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

Michelle,

I came across your post and wanted to inquire about the situation you had.  You would be responsible for the cancellation of the service only if it was in your name and information specifically.  Only if you had voluntarily authorized your information to be used for the activation of your neighbor's service would you be held accountable for any significant changes and charges with the account.  I just wanted to provide some clarification.

wonder when team rebutt's contract is up?

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

sure would like to terminate ASAP, no I am not a member

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Cancellation (for ANY reason) before that incurs an early termination penalty. It also provides for returning of their equipment and withdrawing funds from the account you used when you signed up.  "The nerve of this company. I will never have their service again!"

The "nerve" is yours for failing to live up to YOUR terms of the contract.

BTW, Direct TV and most other providers have similar cancellation fees. Come back on Ripoff Report when you sign up with one of them, cancel early, and then claim "Ripoff."

No Ripoff here, at least not by Dish. NO, I DON'T work for Dish...never have...and NO, you don't have to  believe it.