Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Sun, May 13, 2012

• Reported By: James — Columbus Indiana United States of America
Dish Network

Dish Network Poor Customer Service Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Installation issues.

I'll make this fast and simply. I ordered Dish Network on May 2 2012, they came to install but did not have the equipment to install. Finally on May, 7 we cancelled service. Even thought they was able to take a payment out of my checking account before everything was set up, it seems they want to hold my payment for another 3-5 days before refunding it to me.

Don't do bussiness with this company!

The bad thing is when I called to cancel my Comcast they asked why so I told them Dish was cheaper. They giggled and said good luck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2012 07:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Poor-Customer-Service-Internet-879558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Installation issues.

AUTHOR: DanB@Dish Network - (USA)

We are sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations, we are even more sorry that we lost the chance to provide you with a positive experience that you would never forget. A payment takes up to 24 hours to completely process on our end, and 3-5 days to refund. The process is as follows:
1.) The agent you speak with submits the refund for approval.
2.) Our back offices approve the refund and send it to your bank.
3.) Your bank approves the refund and credits the amount back.
The first two steps which are on our end can take anywhere from 1 to 2 days depending on when the refund was submitted and what order it has in line with any other refunds that need reviewed.
The 3rd step can take anywhere from 2-3 business days depending on the order it was received the time it was submitted and how many refunds the bank has to approve. This is standard with most businesses and is why usually takes 3-5 days to process a refund. If you have further questions or concerns let me know via e-mail at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com We do hope to have a second chance at providing you the best service you've had in the future.
Daniel Busa