released

• Submitted: Sat, April 13, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, April 13, 2013

• Reported By: Minnesota99 — Spring Valley Minnesota
Dish Network

Dish Network Put me in a contract that was supposed to be 29.99 for 12 months and Im being charged 68.99 with no explanation!!! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to help you

My contract had ended with dish network. I called to see if I could get introductory prices. They told me no but then changed their mind after I had told them I wish to cancel and I would be moving to another provider. I was offered a package at 29.99 a month for twelve months. Imagine my satisfaction.

I thought everything was set until I received my first bill, and then my second. My monthly charges were 68.99.

I proceeded to call dish and speak to representatives trying to figure out if there had been a mistake and was given no answers, only told that they would see what other offers there were to extend to me. I had repeatedly explained the situation to at least five reps in one evening, two account specialists, and then was transferred to a supervisor, who was female and did not give her name. She proceeded to tell me i was irresponsible for not paying my bill and that they would no longer give me the discounts I already had on my bill and that they were moving my account to collections. I  am only a week delinquent at this time. She used profanities and then hung up on me.

Imagine my enthusiasm at calling back. I am at a loss, I am now apparently in a contract I never signed, only thing I signed was an installation paper when the tech had come to my home, and no one will give me answers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2013 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Put-me-in-a-contract-that-was-supposed-to-be-2999-for-12-months-and-Im-bein-1043090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

I'd like to help you

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

Minnesota99,

I understand the situation after reviewing your post and would appreciate it if you could please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can look over it and see what's going on.  Thank you and I hope to hear from you!