Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Sat, June 29, 2013

• Reported By: SNV — Illinois
Dish Network
Internet USA

Dish Network Scammers: Keep sending "past due balance" to multiple collections agencies after payment! http://www.dish.com/ Internet

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to help you

I was unfortunate enough to have a contract with Dish Network, about seven years ago. I sent back all of "their" stuff (including the modem that I actually paid for, because even though I had record of my payment and ownership, they claimed it was never purchased and threatened me with lawsuits).

Now, seven years after I cancelled services... I have recieved my SECOND "collections notice" from a second collections agency that they sold the exact same "debt owed" to. Collections agencies purchase a debt owed from companies and then harass people nearly to the point of illegality to get their money back. I have never recieved a SINGLE phone call/letter from Dish about this supposed debt, so why are they selling my debt to collections agencies? If they had bothered to contact me themselves and explain what debt was owed, I would have paid it. So... Why? Because they don't want to answer my questions.

I already paid one collections agency almost a year ago, because after multiple moves in the last seven years, I could not find my proof of payment in full from Dish after cancelling their services (I don't remember them ever actually sending it to me in the first place).

Unfortunately for you, Dish... Not gonna happen again. I DO have proof that I paid this debt to the collections agency last year. You will not get away with selling a debt I don't owe to multiple collections agencies so you can get more money by forcing me to pay a debt I don't even owe multiple times. It is not my responsibility as a FORMER subscriber to pull you out of your near-bankruptcy hole. I hope you crash and burn. Stop trying to take food out of my kids mouths because your CEO's want another 5-star vacation. My apologies to the second collections agency, as they have purchased a debt already paid unknowingly and it's not likely Dish will actually do the right thing and repay you... But I don't owe you sh*.

In short: Fu* you, Dish.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2013 09:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Scammers-Keep-sending-past-due-balance-to-multiple-collections-agencies-a-1063189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

I'd like to help you

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

SNV,

I see we have a significant concern with the billing situation on your account with us that I'd like to get looked into for you and squared away.  Could you please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can have a look?  Thanks.