Complaint Review: Dish Network

Dish Network
Internet USA

Dish Network Unauthorized charges from my bank account Internet

*UPDATE Employee: DISH

*Author of original report: correction on the year of cancellation

In March of 2012 I had to move from where I was living due to not being able to afford it.  I had to cancel Dish because my new home did not have a place to set up a satellite dish (it's an apartment on the fourth floor of a four story building).  I haven't been able to afford to pay the cancellation fees (which I was unaware existed when I signed up, as I signed up through Frontier) for breaking I contract I did not know I was under.  My income is limited and I cannot afford to pay any expenses other than my current living expenses.

Anyhow, I went to look at my bank account and saw that Dish Network deducted the fee I was unable to afford from my bank account, using my debit card number, without my authorization/knowledge.  I've contacted my bank to dispute the charges.  Since it is in a pending status, my bank is unabe to do anything yet.  They said the charges could fall off, or they could clear.  If it clears, I have to call my bank back.

I did a search and found out that this has been going on for years!  Trust me, if I'd known there was a contract, I would have avoided it.  If I could AFFORD to pay it, I would.  I make only $1175/month after taxes and can barely meet my living expenses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2013 06:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-Unauthorized-charges-from-my-bank-account-Internet-1049262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

DISH

AUTHOR: Mark H DISH - ()

Hello Mishele, my name is Mark and I work for DISH and will be glad to check on what occurred with your DISH services. Please email with the address and phone number that were listed on the account so I may locate this and assist you.

Mark Haakenson

Social Media Representative

DISH LLC

mark.haakenson@dish.com

3 pm – 11 pm Sunday through Thursday

correction on the year of cancellation

AUTHOR: Mishele - ()

I got the year wrong.  The service was canceled in 2013, not 2012.  All of this is taking place in 2013.