Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Submitted: Sun, January 20, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: Mark — bloomingburg New York United States of America
Dish Network
2343 main hwy bamburg sc 29003 littleton colorado littleton, Colorado United States of America

Dish Network, dish.com Charging for service you I never started littleton, Colorado

*Author of original report: What instructions?

*General Comment: Retailer

*UPDATE Employee: Signup

*Consumer Comment: Retailer Issue

I was going to start dish network after getting a quote for services and internet. I was told I had 2 days to cancel if I wanted with no charges. After being told to set up tv, and call another number for internet, I found the charges for internet to be more than dish network had told me. I called back within an hour and explained that the charges they quoted me were wrong , and I no longer wanted it.I was hounded by many many phone calls to stay with them and just get tv. I told at least 3 peolple NO, and had all I could do to get them off the phone.They have charged my credit card for 2 months service. I called their so called executive team(Diane Cabrera 303-942-8603 xt 79463) and she told me I had to make a dispute with my bank. Dish network says I have no account or address listed for service but they are charging me.They obviously no whats going on, DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY FINANCIAL INFORMATION. P.S. They ask for your social security number, don't give it to them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2013 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/littleton-Colorado-80120/Dish-Network-dishcom-Charging-for-service-you-I-never-started-littleton-Colorado-1000247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

What instructions?

AUTHOR: Mark - (United States of America)

I have never had dish network installed.I don't have a contract with them either

#2 General Comment

Retailer

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

This is my opinion and shouldn't be mistaken for Dish Network's views .

As a Retailer my Dealer Name , Phone Number , Address and my Retailer Number are on the contract . That I printed off the Dealer website once the customer as been approved for the install .
       Along with that I have  4 pages of an invoice with all my info on it. That explains all the disclosures to the customer .  I also verbally explain everything to the customer. But the biggest problem that I have. Is that the customer doesn't want to read anything.
       Also Dish Net only requires us Dealers to give a 6 month installation warranty. But some of us go beyond that and I give my installs a 1 year install warranty. I explain this to the customer on all my installs and it is also explained in the invoice.
         I want to go back and work on my installs. But at what point does the customer take responsibility for their actions . By learning to read what is given to them before they sign their name.
        I'm not perfect and I've made my share of mistakes in the 29 years of doing satellite installs.  Plus any industry has it's crooks. The actions of some doesn't mean were all crooks.
        But I believe that the Retailer should go back and work on their installs. Also if for whatever reason Dish can't get the Retailer to go back out. Dish Network has setup chargebacks to the Retailer for a vareity of reasons. You see we have to give Dish  access to our bank accounts. Even if the customer cancels their agreement  we lose .
       My CRP with Dish Net was less than 1%. Meaning while the customer was under Dish Net's contract. I had less than  1% of them cancel their contracts .
      Many Retailers out here who have the qualifications and  who want the work . But it's the customer who make their own decision for the good or bad.

Signup

AUTHOR: Mike H. DISH - (USA)

Hi my name is Mike Houston a Social Media Representative at DISH and I am more than happy to help you today. To better assist you would you e-mail me at; michael.houston@dish.com with the phone number used to setup the account for further assistance?

Retailer Issue

AUTHOR: Winston Von Stupid - (USA)

It seems like you were dealing with a retailer, aka an "authorized reseller" of Dish. These are generally local entities or national sales centers. The problem, as you've found out, is some retailers don't understand all of the intricacies of your bill, especially in regards to Internet service.

If all else fails, you will have to dispute the charge with the bank, but it would be easier in the long run to get refunded directly from the retailer. Since they are technically a "reseller" and a "third party," the main Dish representatives might not see your account. That obviously doesn't make any logical sense, but that's the way Dish operates.

I would go through any paperwork left from the install and see if there is a number there for a company other than Dish. The retailers will usually setup the service and then leave Dish to maintain it once everything is setup, so will usually leave you with their number and the Dish customer service line. You could also take a look at your credit card statement and see if there is any info on the charge. Maybe the retailers name would be on there and you could Google it to get a phone number.

Good luck...