Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Wed, August 20, 2014

• Reported By: Lou — Macomb Michigan
Dish Network
Nationwide USA

Dish Network Dish Customer Service only applies to New Customers Englewood Nationwide

Just wanted to share my experiance with Dish Network customer service. On Sunday 10 August called to schedule an appointment with Dish Network to come to my home and move cable connection from one room to another. Got an appointment for Tuesday 12 August between 12-5pm.

Tuesday 12 August went to work, which I decided I would do, until I got a call from Dish confirming when the Tech would be at my home, got a call at 10:38 from the auto machine telling me that a tech would be at my home between 12 and 1:30, so I left work to be at home for the tech, and then the waiting began. At 4:45 I recieved a call saying the tech would be at my home between 5-6:30, which was still fine with me, because I just wanted to get my issue fixed. At 6:08 recieved a call saying 6:45 and 7:30, still waited, at 7:35 recieved a call from a real person saying no one could come today and asked to reschedule, I said no because I have been waiting all day. Got a call moments later from the tech who said they couldn't make it, and asked what day would be good for me, I informed him that Sunday 17 August was my only day off, so I would like an appointment at 9am, which he said I promise someone will be there.

Using social media i went and vented on Dish Facebook account, I got the old song and dance from a rep that told me to pm them and they could help me. They said sorry and offered me 10 day without service credit and $10 off per month for 6 months, at this point whatever, and the person on the other end Andrew assured me that my appointment was 9 am on 17 August.

Sunday 9am waiting on the tech from Dish who never showed up, at 10:30 I called and was a little upset and told the rep that I wanted to talk to someone who can help me. I was then transferred to a Ms. O.(leaving her name off here) Ms O told me she would call the tech and find out what the issue was, she then returned on the phone and stated that a tech would be at my home between 12-2, I informed her that I had other committments and the tech would have to be there by 2. Ms. O then gave me her extention and told me to call her anytime if i had anymore issues. She then told me that I would not be charged the $60 fee for service tech support and that she would credit my entire month, I told her great but all I wanted was my issue fixed.

2:00 came and went so i called the number that Ms. O gave me, and you guessed it went to voicemail, I then called a rep and the young lady told me that I didn't even schedule my appointment until 12:10 that day, I informed her she was wrong, but she stuck to her guns. At 2:45 recieved a call from the auto messenger stating a tech between 3:00 and 4:15, then another call at between 4:30 and 5:45, i called to reschedule my appointment and was told the earlist they could get to me was Tuesday 19 August.

I also failed to mention that I continued to try to contact Ms. O six time, always to voicemail. I only wanted an answer from her why she was not truthful with me about the appointment on Sunday morning, and played it like it was someone elses fault. No integrity from her, and it is now 20 August and I have not recieved a call back from her even after I left my number each time I called.

As I was mad I was driving down the road on Sunday going to my obligation and guess what I see, a Dish Network truck and tech installing a new customer, so I realized that to Dish Network, customer service only matters if your a new customer, and as for the loyal customers they already got you roped into a contract so they really dont care about you.

I asked the young rep if Mr Joseph Clayton, Dish President could call me and explain all of this and she informed me that , he would not because that what Reps do fix issues, well Mr Clayton, someone is not doing thier Job. You may want to do an internal audit of your orgaization and figure out where the problems lie, and this may help you to improve your organizations customer service.

So now I have an appointment once again tomorrow between 12-5, which means I once again have to loss wages to be home, I'm not real confident that they will show, but hoping that they have not once again failed to provide customer service and have lied to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2014 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/nationwide/Dish-Network-Dish-Customer-Service-only-applies-to-New-Customers-Englewood-Nationwide-1171030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network