Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Reported By: Defrauded by the crooks at Dish — Sedona Arizona
Dish Network
Nationwide USA

Dish Network Dish defrauded me of $4,500.00 Nationwide

*Author of original report: Not so.

*Author of original report: Wrong!

*Consumer Comment: Wrong..

*Consumer Comment: How, in any possible reasonable way did you fail to notice this for FOUR YEARS?

I signed up with dish, moving from direct tv because their basic service was cheaper than direct tv (19.95/month). I explaied several times that my only interest was in pbs, and only PBS, as I have no interest in sports, movies, specials, or any of the other junk whatsoever. In order not to have to mess with bills, I foolishly signed up for auto pay on my Amex account, assuming that I was dealing with a reputable company that adhered to normal, ethical business practices. I recently realized that I hadn't watch even an hour a month, and that "masterpiece theater" and "mystery" (my main interests) are available online, I decided to cancel my account altogether, and was astonished to learn that my dish account had been "upgraded" in 2010, without my consent, knowledge, or desire, to a "higher" service which included hbo, sports channels, and  all other manners of junk that I had in no uncertain terms explained that I had no interest in , and that dish had extracted $106,35 a month from my AmEx account since 2010!!!! So for 53 months dish has fraudulently extracted more than $86.00 more than I had agreed to, from my Amex account for "service" that I didn't want, agree to, or Use! This is fraud, plain and simple perpetrated by the criminals at Dish Network!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2014 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/nationwide/Dish-Network-Dish-defrauded-me-of-450000-Nationwide-1154056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Not so.

AUTHOR: Defrauded by the crooks at Dish - ()

I use my AmEx card for everything.  Even if I buy a chewing gum, I pay with AmEx, I never carry cash.  I know how much I spend every month within +-$100.00 and if I get a bill that is substantally larger than I had expected, I check for it.  But my monthly bill is 10-20 pages, and I don't have the time to check every single item.  I have caught several fraudulent charges, but these have always been $100.00+.  What Dish stole from me, every month, fell under my "alarm bell radar" so I didn't discover it until now.  I do take your point, but this does in no way exhonorate Dish.  I gave them the authoroty to withdraw $19.95/month and after a couple of months they start withdrawing 106.95!   You may think I'm careless, but that is beside the point.

Wrong!

AUTHOR: Defrauded by the crooks at Dish - ()

You fail to see the issue,  by your reasoning, if someone steals from you it is your fault if you don't discover it?   Whether I check my bill or not is immaterial to the situation.  The fact is that I agreed to $19.95/month and Dish extracted an extra $85.00+ that I had not agreed to! We are not talking about a mistake here, this was a deliberate, and successful attempt to steal my money.   That has absolutely nothing to do with whether I check my bill or not.

Wrong..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

First of all the amount of money you "lost" is 100% your fault.

If your ONLY interest is PBS, PBS is an OTA(Over the Air) station.  Even after the "Digital" Conversion you can still receive it with a Digital Converter box.  You could have even gotten a box for free or a huge discount from the Government.

But let's just say you live in an area that no signal could reach and you must have a different method so you got Dish.  Here is where your real problem lies.   You apparently haven't looked at your bill in 4 years to notice this $106.35 being taken out.  Had you been reviewing your bill every month and caught this the first month it happened, I would have been right there with you.  But 53 months later..sorry that is 100% on you.

How, in any possible reasonable way did you fail to notice this for FOUR YEARS?

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

I don't know about the fraud, but your financial habits need a MAJOR overhaul....UNBELIEVABLE!! It would appear you have more money than sense.