• Report: #619564

• Submitted: Fri, July 02, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, July 02, 2010

• Reported By: Joyce — Westvillw Indiana United States of America
Dish Networks or DISHNET

Dish Networks or DISHNET i tried to get a cheaper package deal becuz i could not afford the one i had, my bill rose by 150.00 Internet

*Consumer Comment: Call them back

I called Dish Network to down grade the package that i had. I told them i was a single mother and could not afford the $65 a month for cable television.  so she told me she would find a program within my budget (she talked very fast and used large words)  the bottom line was i was golng to see at least a $25 savings on my next bill.  I opened my bill today and my jaw nearly hit the floor.  It was for $215.00 due by the 21st of july or my service would be turned off and there would be a fee to get it back on.  I then called them and explained that I called becuz i couldn't afford the $65. how could i afford the $215??  They told me that i wasn't paying close enough attention and it was my fault.  I have been in tears ever since.  I am single mother of two small girls 5 yrs and 6 mos. they love their cartoons and they are a life saver for me.  I don't know what i am going to do now?  I am the nicest and biggest hearted person in the world and i just can't believe how uncaring these people were towards me.  I can not believe that this woman used her fancy talking and the way she went around all my questions to get me to agree to something that i had no idea what i was doing.  I wish someone could help me.  I am so stressed everyday trying to make ends meet and i don't think i could take much more.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2010 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Networks-or-DISHNET/internet/Dish-Networks-or-DISHNET-i-tried-to-get-a-cheaper-package-deal-becuz-i-could-not-afford-t-619564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Networks or DISHNET

Call them back

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

If your bill went from $65 to $215. you agreed to a bigger package and the $25 saving was about a discount on the upgraded service.

Call them back and tell them you only want the local channels or turn off the dish.

Trust me, your 5 year old and 6 month old will live without cartoons and would appreciate things like a roof, food, shoes, more than TV