• Report: #420820

• Submitted: Thu, February 05, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, September 16, 2010

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Dish One Up - Direct TV Retailer
620 S River Road Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Dish One Up - Direct TV Retailer They cheat you out of money whether your a customer or an employee Tempe Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Tell it like it is....

*General Comment: I have been rip off too for DISH1UP & FIBER1 COMM

*UPDATE Employee: Dish One Up - Direct TV Retailer

So I started working for this company through a temp agency. At first it seemed as though it was just another telemarketing/customer serv position. During a 5 day training I noticed several things that were fishy, but being 'stuck' in the job I didnt have a choice but to put my morals aside for the time being b/c I NEEDED the paycheck as pultry as it was.

They used to be retailer for DISH network then jumped ship and started selling for Direct TV. Basically what happens is that everyone who trys to call dish 800-333-3474 and they dial 888 instead they are connected to Dish1Up. All of your information is collected and then you are pitched to switch over to DTV. Most of the pple that are working there are of the 'shady' nature. The scary part.....they collect your cc info and your soc, basically every piece of info to scam you if they chose. There is no background check done to insure the people your talking to are legit. There is also excessive drug use on the property during business hours. You are paid $7 an hour if your a direct hire w/ an 'ok' commission IIIIFFF your able to hit your sales quota, if through a temp agency $10 w/ very little commission. The thing is.....there are SOOOOOOOO many people on the floor (they flood it on purpose) that it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to hit your sales quotas unless your working on your 'days off' as a 'free day' (which you are not paid for).

They have a clause in their contract that 'if you do not complete your training you do not get paid'. I myself made it through training and this did not happen to me but I did see and hear several conversations of the manager Nate and Rudy discussing with employees that they were NOT entitled to be compensated for their time. This was not explained during training!!! I over heard Nate tell Crysta (secretary) to "dont even put the page in, we can do it later, but make sure you put the signature page on". Basically once you signed the last page, that was that.

The way they sell is shady, they dont care if you cant afford it, they dont care if your uncomfortable, they dont even tell you till the last minute (after they have all your info) that you would be switching to DTV, your pretty much tricked into signing up. Most dont realize it until after the fact b/c its not pointed out.

They also go in and change your time clock if your over on your hours! I opted to not take a 1/2 hr lunch and instead leave a 1/2 hour early which was ok'ed by the manager Nate. I then noticed that someone went into my time clock and 'punched me out' for a 1/2 hour. So my legit 7.5 hours I worked was listed as 7.0hrs. I had to 'barter' to get my time back!!! They also do not pay over time!!! I was schd for 6 straight days, I needed the money and didnt mind the extra day although it was a pain to work 13 days with only one day off. At the end of the week they changed my 45.5 hours to 40!!! I made sure I printed out my time clock before I left for the day just to have proof if I needed it. When I brought it to the managers attention it was then a 'lets make a deal' scenario. Needless to say I did scam the scam artist and got my money. I was on my way in for my shift when I received a phone call that I was termintated due to my 'low sales volume'. Being a seasoned 9 year sales person and always having 2-5 legit sales a day it was hard to believe this was the reason. I believe I was terminated because I put up a fight for money that was mine. Its disgusting that companies like this are in business and I encourage anyone and EVERYONE who has been scammed by them to report them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Call your local labor board, call the BBB, call the Attorney General, call anyone and make your voice heard! The more people out there, the louder the voice is and the louder we will be heard, the quicker this company will be shut down.

Krystyna
Phoenix, Arizona

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on DirectTV

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2009 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-One-Up-Direct-TV-Retailer/Tempe-Arizona-85225/Dish-One-Up-Direct-TV-Retailer-They-cheat-you-out-of-money-whether-your-a-customer-or-an-420820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish One Up - Direct TV Retailer

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Tell it like it is....

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I also worked for Dish 1 up.... I only lasted there approximately a month, and I will tell you that exactly what this person says is the truth.... I had the same type of experience. If it wasn't for the fact that I have a child to take care of, I would not have lasted even that month... From jump, I noticed problems. The training is the absolute most HORRIBLE training I've ever received. Jesse would never answer ANY questions we had. He would simply respond, "it is what it is". The second week of training, everything Steve told us contradicted what Jesse told us, and of course when we got on the floor, everything drug addict Rudy told us and Nate told us contradicted what we were told during training. Now what I will say for Nate is that he's a pretty cool guy, but should he be in charge of a business??? Absolutely not. There was never any type of coaching. Nobody ever told me what I could do better. Nobody ever told me what I was doing wrong.... They almost acted as if i wasn't even there. And maybe if Rudy wasn't so worried about smoking marijuana and popping pills, he could actually do what he's being paid to do.... Their idea of coaching is to sit in your ear during a whole phone call and talk over you and the customer... Oh, and I didn't mention that I was not paid for all the time I worked... My paychecks never matched what I had worked. Never. Nobody could ever answer me as to what the problem was with my hours. Nobody in that building is capable of running a business. And drugs is a major problem.... Rudy, Julius, and AJ can't even go throughout the work day without using and distributing drugs on the premises... Everyone looking for a job, beware... Don't get trapped by Dish 1 up Tempe... I can't speak for Cleveland, but Tempe is shady... They even have us charge people multiple times for warranties... Seriously. This is the most horrible job I have ever worked. I hate that i was fired and wasn't given the opportunity to quit, but at least I'm not continuously stressed anymore.

#2 General Comment

I have been rip off too for DISH1UP & FIBER1 COMM

AUTHOR: steve - (USA)

I'm installer of Satellite service that worked for company Fiber1Comm.(owned) by Robert Mitchell as this company as ripped me off $645.00 for installs I completed with my own equipment to complete jobs.This company receives work from Dish1up for installing satellite service. As Dish1up pays company Fiber1comm the installs to be none.
Fiber1comm hires contractor's like myself to install the service.
I have tried and contacted Alisha rep of Dish1up and she told Robert Mitchell to pay for the work I did. He was suppose to but just never answers phone or E-mail.
I talk to him once three weeks ago and he said that he was going to pay me as he never did to this date. Seeing this is Dish1UP's Contractor Employee and that they hold money 90 days before Fiber1comm is paid. They should be held responsible for my $645.00 own from October to Now.
Robert Mitchell just keeps lying to me and Dish1up (Alisha) that he is going to pay me and that he is not going to rip me off as corresponding though ALISHA Dish1up e-mail.
I want it DIAH1UP to pay me for there bad choice and contract with FIBER1COMM.
DISH1UP is and should be held responsible for TOTAL of 7jobs that Total to $645.00

Dish One Up - Direct TV Retailer

AUTHOR: Dtv Agent - (U.S.A.)

I just read a post from an old employee of the company and was very alarmed. I cannot believe she was trained to mislead. In fact new hires are required to sign several documents specifically stating they are not allowed to mislead or confuse callers. Doing so results in termination. I sincerely feel that the person had a poor experience because of a few of the sales reps there. As we all know many sales reps will do anything to get a sale. We work very hard to combat that. We have a team of people who are dedicated to quality control; listening to calls and what our phone operators are saying. It's sad that a few bad apples do spoil the whole bunch. We have had to get rid of bad apples before, as does every employer. It is not nor has it ever been our intention to confuse callers or lie to them. We sell a great product that we are proud of. What would we want to hide about that? Although we cannot control every word coming out of every employee's mouth we do take decisive and harsh actions when any type of misrepresentation does occur. I feel that we can be judged by our swift reactions. It would be one thing if we just let every bad situation get worse, but we continually strive to learn from employee's mistakes and (unfortunately) their misrepresentations. As far as gathering personal information from callers it is required anywhere now to get anything (even electric and gas.) We have encrypted software so once an agent types in a # it shows as an "x" in the computer. We are very secure. I hope anyone else reading this gives us the benefit of the doubt and know that a company could never grow to 17 plus million customers without being a great product with great customer service.