Complaint Review: Dish Professionals

• Updated: Thu, November 11, 2010

• Reported By: Shane — Centennial Colorado United States of America
Dish Professionals
8034 S State Midvale, Utah United States of America

Dish Professionals Specializing in Misrepresentation and unfair business practices Midvale, Utah

My wife and I called the number on one of those mailers advertising $29.95 satellite tv with free installation. The technician came out in Sept of 2009 and installed the dish and equipment. Everything seemed to be fine. We signed the contract paperwork and the installer advised us that if we left Dish network before the full term that we would owe DISH NETWORK for the remainder of the term.

In Dec. of 2009 my wife found out she was being transferred to Colorado at the end of the month. We called Dish NETWORK to ask about the equipment and see if we needed to turn it in. They told us to take it with us and we could use it where we moved to.

We got to Denver and had issues with DISH NETWORK installing the system improperly and against our lease stipulations so they settled with us and let us out of our contract. They came and took all of the equipment.

Then later in January 2010 we see 2 debits out of our bank account. One for $100 and one for $50. Our bank (Chase) fraud investigators call me to find out if I authorized the charges. I told them no and I had no idea what it was about. The investigators told me that DISH PROFESSIONALS TRIED to put through charges for $700, then $501, then $300 and finally the $100 and $50 charges that got approved. The Investigators put put a hold on the funds and started the dispute process.

We called Dish PROFESSIONALS to find out what was going on and they let us know that we had a contract with them and they had been given notice by Dish that we were no longer customers. They said that since we had not returned the equipment we owed them $700 and some odd dollars.

My wife was in tears. We were broke from the move and I was not working. Finally they said they would settle if we could pay another $50 on top of the amount they had charged against our account. Although I didn't feel it was fair, I agreed to it but was not able to make the payment. Time went by and I forgot about it. I never received a phone call or letter from them. The $150 was returned to them by the bank.

NOW last week I get a lawyers office calling me up saying that I owe DISH PROFESSIONALS over $900 for that whole fiasco. I explained the situation and she said the owner says he never received any money from me so now I owe this money because of the contract.

I don't have any equipment. I already paid them $150 which he now claims was just normal fees and not included in this. And I don't have a way out. They are completely unsympathetic to the fact that I am being forced to pay for services not rendered and equipment I don't have. AND NONE OF THIS WAS DISCLOSED AT THE TIME OF INSTALLATION.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2010 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Professionals/Midvale-Utah-84047/Dish-Professionals-Specializing-in-Misrepresentation-and-unfair-business-practices-Midval-661027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Professionals