Complaint Review: Dish TV

• Updated: Fri, September 07, 2012

• Reported By: DHY — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Dish TV
Littleton, Colorado United States of America

Dish TV promised channels that were dropped shortly after signing me up Littleton, Colorado

I signed a two year contract with Dish TV picking the package which included the channels which I preferred. I was assured by the sales representative that the AMC channel was included in my package.  AMC is one of the main channels that I watch.  Had Dish TV not offered it, I would have never signed up with them.  Several months into the contract Dish TV has dropped one of the main channels which I watch due to problems that they have with the channel provider.

When I signed the contract with Dish TV, I was assured that this channel along with some others were included with the package by the sales representative.I contacted Dish regarding this issue asking what restitution was being made regarding this issue.  I was basically told that nothing was being done and no offers of any restitution were being made.  After filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau I was contacted by a Dish representative who offered me a $5 credit for 6 months which I declined.

While I understand that they don't control channel contracts, its like they used a "bait and switch" scam which offered the product to get me to sign up then took it away without consequence.  As a fair resolution, I offered a settlement for them to provide me with one replacement channel to replace the AMC channel that I lost.  They refused.  Although the fine print in their contract allows them to legally do this, I find it in poor customer service.  Once my contract is over, its goodbye to Dish and they will never get me to sign with them again if this is the customer service/satisfaction that they offer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2012 01:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-TV/Littleton-Colorado-80160-9040/Dish-TV-promised-channels-that-were-dropped-shortly-after-signing-me-up-Littleton-Colora-937818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish TV