milk

• Updated: Mon, April 29, 2013

• Reported By: Sean — Tacoma Washington
Dish TV

Dish TV Dish TV Upgrade Scam Internet

*Consumer Comment: This is similar to what dish is doing to me.

*Consumer Comment: What?

I switched over to Dish TV from Comcast about 9 months ago, primarily to get the "Hopper" DVR advertised on TV. When I called in to order, the rep that I spoke to immediately knew what I was referring to, and my assumption was that the order was being written up for this.

The Tech came out and installed, showed me how to use the remote, etc., but not being familiar with the product, I did not think to ask if this product does what I ordered.

After a couple of months, I thought it time to read the instructions and start using the service that I thought I ordered. This is when I discovered that I did not have what I ordered.

I called Dish assuming that this would be corrected promptly, but was was informed that I was too new of a customer and not eligible for an "upgrade". When I pointed out that this was not an upgrade but a correction to a mistake that they made, I was informed that since I signed the installation receipt for the DVRs that were  installed, I accepted what I had and that there was nothing they could do. I pointed out that I had no way of knowing that the model listed on the receipt was not the model I ordered. Was I supposed to get that information when I ordered? Since it was clear there were not going to remedy their mistake, I told them at that time that I will cancel my service with them once my contract expires, and ended the conversation.

Then yesterday, out of the blue, I received a "courtesy" call from Dish inquiring whether I was happy with their service. I proceeded to tell my experience with the hopper debacle, when she replied that she could now upgrade me to the hopper for &300 and a new 24 month contract (I suspect this was the true reason for the call). I told her that I had a real problem paying for an upgrade to get what I ordered to begin with. She then switched me over to a customer retention officer, whom I proceeded to repeat my story. She had the audacity to say that it was too late to do anything since 9 months have past, ignoring the fact that I just told her that this conversation started 7 months ago.

At this point, it was clear that this was only going to be a repeat of my previous experience with them. I have decided that I will not wait out the contract term but drop them in the x]next couple of day as soon as I arrange another provider. I do not wish to do business with a company that will not concede and correct their mistakes. I realize this is going to cost me out of pocket, but I want to be done with them for good.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2013 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-TV/internet/Dish-TV-Dish-TV-Upgrade-Scam-Internet-1046624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish TV

This is similar to what dish is doing to me.

AUTHOR: Frank - ()

What happened to you is now happening to me, ordered on for the hopper techs installed a 625, contacted customer service through phone at on day 1, 3 months later I stillbhave the garbage 625 that I cant connect to my router. I could try using a voip box though like an obihai..., but anyways dish mislead me, gave me useless info on how to connect to interweb, stuck me with 2005s finest reciever, and want to charge m2 300 extra to get what I thaught I ordered originally. All I want to do is watch my showtime, and hbo shows, and give them money to watch on demand movies. This dish network is turning into a huge stress inducer. This 2cnd contract with dish is nothing like the first time. There probably wont be a 3rd contract, and might pay to get out of this contract.

What?

AUTHOR: Inspector - ()

You assumed you were getting what you ordered?  You thought you were getting what you ordered?  The problem here is YOU.

And by the way, I hate these satellite companies but fair is fair.