• Report: #820489

• Submitted: Tue, January 10, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 24, 2012

• Reported By: Hayden — Tok Alaska United States of America
DishNetwork TV

DishNetwork TV Dish TV Company Refused to Waive Account Maintenance Fee For Extended Vacations, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: DISH Pause

Spoke to Customer Retention rep (Elizabeth) this AM about waiving the $5.00 account maintenance fee that is applied to account while on vacations and service is suspended.  Asked them to waive the fee because it costs them nothing to "maintain" a computer entry that I would be charged for maintaining my account while account is in suspension during vacations.  They refused to waive the fee and clearly stated it was for "maintenance" of my account.

This is an unjust enrichment on the part of Dish TV. I would be charged for absolutely nothing in return.  They were adamant and would not waive the fee, canceled service and account completely.  They lost a long time customer that bought the equipment outright.  They did state that if I wish to renew my service that all I would have to pay is the first months service. The "maintenance" fee is a ripoff and the customer gets absolutely nothing in return.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DishNetwork-TV/internet/DishNetwork-TV-Dish-TV-Company-Refused-to-Waive-Account-Maintenance-Fee-For-Extended-Vacat-820489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DishNetwork TV

DISH Pause

AUTHOR: DanB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hayden, we are sorry to hear that we've lost you as a customer over this. We try to remain flexible for all of our customers when it comes to pricing and service. We apologize that we were unable to grant any exceptions in this particular instance. We wish you the best of luck with your new provider and hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you again in the future.

Daniel Busa